Lake George Salmon

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Lake George Salmon

Post by Hairbone »

Fished the King George derby for the 3rd year in a row. Managed 5 small salmon that ate mp6 honeybee in wonderbread. This year salmon were in the derby but none over the 22" minimum were weighed in. Future samon fishing is looking up on the lake. Caught some lakers, just no big enough.
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Re: Lake George Salmon

Post by jimbow »

Harry, good to see your post...I'm sorry you didn't win this year...I know some people went to Lake George this year looking for salmon because of the tough year on Champlain. There has been more salmon caught the last couple years than in the several years before on Lake George but it still isn't anywhere near what it used too be. I wonder what the difference is between the stocking practices back then to now? Anyone know for sure :?: :?: :?: And if it's different what can we learn from that :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: Allegedly several salmon are stocked every year but they don't seem to make it to catch-able size. Lakers, Pike and bass are most likely responsible for the demise of many of fresh stockers, the cormorants are showing up in the northern part of the lake but I don't think enough to make a big impact. I think stocking larger fish is the answer in both lakes so they get a chance to avoid the predators. It's a shame that a beautiful lake like Lake George couldn't be more productive. I think rainbows, not steelhead, should be stocked in larger numbers in both lakes too. They have a good growth rate, may be easier to raise and are a great fighting fish, they should thrive in these lakes. Just my two cents....
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

you caught salmon harry that was a plus small but a good sign for george. still nice to get out you had great weather and company. theres next year. dont forget were still spoiled by out trip to niagara bar.
Dirtyhooker
Species: all

Post by Dirtyhooker »

Harry great report LG landlocks have been extremely tough for me out of my boat but 5 in a day is very promising
So many Lures So little Time
Hairbone

Post by Hairbone »

Lake george is producing some impressive sized fish the past two seasons. I think there is 5 different aged class fish right now.. I caught them last year in the south basin. I find that the are very easy to locate when you figure out where to look. The salmon have been stocked at sea by volunteer boats in both south and north basins. We also had success last winter when we made it out on the ice
Hairbone

Post by Hairbone »

fishy1 wrote:you caught salmon harry that was a plus small but a good sign for george. still nice to get out you had great weather and company. theres next year. dont forget were still spoiled by out trip to niagara bar.
Matt, we are going to give icedawg and his crew a run for his money at the bar.

We already have a yurt booked at four me creek!