9/17 broad lake

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

9/17 broad lake

Post by keithm87 »

Headed to the lake with Vinny and his step dad today. After my trip a couple weeks back I figured I was bound for a good trip. We arrived to dead calm and thick fog at 7:15. Launched at CG. Headed toward the hump that has been productive all summer. Found the thermo at around 67-70, which was a little deeper than I was hoping.
After setting the first rod I started working on setting a slide diver. No sooner had I sent back 50ft line, than the only rod in the water fired. Landed a decent laker, and we knew it was going to be a good day. We trolled around the hump a couple times without any other hits after setting all the gear. we were marking stuff, but no takers. Decided to try my luck bottom bouncing the small flat basin between the hump and the 70 ft flat to the north. Almost immediately we hooked up. A small laker. We had the lake to ourselves and the fog was still heavy, with no visual on shore we tried our best to maintain a straight path through the basin, and basically hit that area hard all day. We ended up with 15 lakers by 2:30 including the smallest laker I have caught on champ, and vinny landed a pig 33 incher that was the biggest laker we had ever caught. the trusty spin n glo was on fire, and a small silver with pink dots michigan stinger also did work, but in general everything we sent out caught some thing (except the lure on the pesky cannon that seems to never fire on busy days) Will upload the 33 incher later
Koissu
Species: Trout

Re: 9/17 broad lake

Post by Koissu »

Great report as always. Thanks!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Thanks For the report Keith... can't wait for the water to cool down some!
Matt B
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

Finally getting around to posting the pic of vins 33 incher Image

Due to the hook location sadly this big old fish went home with vin for a couple suppers.
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

He was a big Boy
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Sawyer wrote:He was a big Boy
... and the fish is pretty big too :lol:
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)