Done

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
60Fishman
Species: lake trout, salmon, bass

Re: Done

Post by 60Fishman »

I have only been to Lake Champlain three times this year do to work and other nonsense. Today was probably my last. Launched from Westport with my wife who mostly reads her book, if really asked will help reel in a fish or get the net once in a while. Weather report said fog would clear out around 7. Well could not see much until 9:30 - 10. So I went north as far as I dared and was marking fish at 70 to 90' suspended. I am no good at salmon fishing but decided to give it a try since I could not get to my laker spot. Tried Honey bees etc. changing lures often with no luck. Had a hard time keeping the boat in any kind of line. It is amazing how hard it is to keep a consistent course with no land marks. Gave myself a headache staring at the GPS. Finally at 10:30 I get to my Laker spot. Caught one right away but I did not want to net him with the warm surface water and I was getting the treble hook out the fish thrashed and got off but somehow managed to impale one of the hooks in my finger. After gritting and yanking it out with pliers, applying antiseptic, bandaid etc. I was ready to try again. A little while later I checked one of the lines, released it from the rigger and I had a fish. Only problem was somehow it managed to totally get wrapped up and foul my other line. Finally released the fish and then noticed the wire on one of my downriggers had wrapped itself around the shaft, which has never happened before. Took that apart and squared it away. I must have looked like a total bozo out there, but thankfully I don't think anyone was around to witness it. Managed to catch two more without any drama before I had to leave. With all the messing around I think I really only fished where I wanted for two hours. Any way it was a beautiful day, no wind, and was way better than work. For what it was worth all 4 lakers were caught between 100 and 110 feet. Time to get ready for hunting season.
Vtmopar
Species: Everything

Post by Vtmopar »

Ive had those days, you caught fish though so it was a good day.
Im hitting it next weekend, thats it i think for me.
Bow season is just around the corner.
Thanks for the report.
High Plains Drifter
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

The fog, the finger hookup, the downrigger wrap... all signs you need to stop fishing soon ;)
Glad at least you got some in the boat.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)