Done

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
spinner
Species: salmon

Done

Post by spinner »

I just put the boat away for the season. I have been waiting for it to get better since spring and I can't wait no more. The last 4 trips out to Stave produced 1 laker. I tried a couple times up by the hatchery and the ferry NADA. There is plenty of noise on the graph alot more then around Stave but
no takers. Hunting season will be here very soon and it can't be any worse then the fishing has been
this year. The only good news from the lake is the lack of fleas because I too did not see any at all this year
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Done

Post by Reelax »

Sorry to hear your putting it up Spinner. If the lake don't freeze, we will go at it again thru the winter... Once e bite picks back up, it is usually pretty hot and consistent. November, December and January can be some great fishin if you don't mind cold hands while reeling.
Matt B
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Thats about the same luck I've been having too Brian. One more trip this Sat and I'm done for a while, at least up in the Islands.
ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Post by ThreeBuoys »

I have not been out on the Broad Lake for almost two weeks now, and it sounds like it hasn't changed. I have been fishing the Outer Bay. I know that all I will catch is Bass and Northerns, but at least it is something. I probably will give the Broad a few more chances, but if nothing drastic occurs I will pull my boat out as well. I have some regular maintenance to do anyway. I may trailer it to more successful fishing spots as well.

Not to change the subject abruptly...but I guess I will anyway....does anyone have any experience with Rangeley Lake in Maine?
Sleepswithdafishes
Species: coldwater

Post by Sleepswithdafishes »

Three Buoys I have been fishing Rangeley for a number of years!!! Can be great fishing!! Beautiful area!! Large Brook Trout and Wild Landlocks A lot different than Champlain!! Just so you know there season ends september 30th!! Good luck and enjoy!!! Sleeps
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Fished it also for a week one time. September too, in front of the State Park. Can be windy
D-Cypher
Species: Lake Trout

Post by D-Cypher »

I grew up 40 min from Rangeley lake. My best advice is to fish live bait. Either crawlers on a spinnered hook for the brookies or fish smelt or shiners for the salmon and you will also get the brookies. Good luck if you head up there!!
Sleepswithdafishes
Species: coldwater

Post by Sleepswithdafishes »

I would not use live smelt or live minnows!!! It is not allowed in that lake and as far as I know all the lakes in that area!! Sleeps
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

I'm 10 days away of bringing the boat in Montreal and fish for walleyes.
Enough with washing spoons.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

I am still using live bait in the salty ocean and bay... and loving every minute of it. Maybe another 4 weeks before going back to Champlain.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Late October things hopefully will pick up as the surface temp nears 50 degrees for the Shoot-out. Tough season overall since April 1st. Washing lures has been pretty much the norm this season here. Handful of successful outings out of 40-50 trips out this year for me to date. I am not ready to buy a black box as that doesn't seem to be the issue here. :)

Looking forward to Frostbite season in 7 weeks.
Mr. Gill
Species: Bluegills

Post by Mr. Gill »

Just curious, in Nov/Dec what kind of depth would expect to find the lake trout? If shallow enough would love to try casting swimbaits for them.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

[quote="Mr. Gill"]Just curious, in Nov/Dec what kind of depth would expect to find the lake trout? If shallow enough would love to try casting swimbaits for them.[/quot
anywhere from 3 fow to 100 feet. they spawn in the fall along the rocks and and the forage will also be there in the late fall and all winter. soon as the water temperature drops lakers will scatter to their spawning ground.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Looks like this weekend fishing the King George derby will be it for my big boat. Disapointing year and didn't have the gusto with the few salmon around. Ontario ruined me this spring, but i have two weeks booked next year :mrgreen: gonna assemble my crew of green horns and give the spring lotso derby a shot.
ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Post by ThreeBuoys »

Hopefully conditions change next year....this year has been a challenge for sure.
With the lack of fishing reports lately, I'm guessing everyone is experiencing the same results.