Willsboro report

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Fishinpole
Species: Trout/Salmon

Willsboro report

Post by Fishinpole »

Fished Sat morning and got beat up in rough water but went 10 lakers and most were big fish in the 8-13 lb range and a nice 5lb Steelie. Most lakers came on the bottom in 90-110 fow. Temp at 65 ft was 55deg.Northern Kings on the deep rods any color and Warrior lures on the up rods. Very hard to hold speed but when we could we did fish. Try again Sunday.
Mr. Gill
Species: Bluegills

Re: Willsboro report

Post by Mr. Gill »

Brother has lakefront property in Westport. Just retired and birthday next week. He fishes some out of his kayak for perch and smb but has never caught a lake trout. Would like to come up with my boat and get him into a couple. Are there better numbers out of Willsboro than Westport? Thanks for any help.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

You can always drag up a laker just off diamond island and that is not far from the westport launch. I am sure the majority of the bigger fish are north.
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

good laker fishing in the trench on the Vt side opposite Westport,they will be deep this time of year
Mr. Gill
Species: Bluegills

Post by Mr. Gill »

Thanks guys for the advise. Unfortunately, I won't be coming up this week due to health issue. Picked up Lyme for the 2nd time in two years. For those of you who have never had to deal with it, you can thank your lucky stars. For those that have I think you would agree when I say it knocks the crap out of you. Getting off the couch to get a glass of water exhausted me. The good news is that the antibiotic is working and I am slowly feeling better. With any luck maybe next week I can get my brother out. I think I will try Willsboro. Can you catch them right in deep water in the bay or do you need to get out in the lake proper? Is finding bottom structure changes important? Thanks.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

THis time of year you would do best to find sandy humps of 60-90 fow with deeper water around. Hit balls off bottom and you will will pick up lakers with just about any big spoon or stick bait. Bling is good
Matt B