IS Friday Aug 11

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
DreamWeaver
Species: Salmon, trout and bass

IS Friday Aug 11

Post by DreamWeaver »

My wife and I put in the water at Swanton, and made our way down to the IS. We marked fish between 45 and 95 feet deep. We had one rigger at 45 feet and the other at 70 feet, we fished over 90 to 130 FOW. Forgot to drop my Fishhawk TD so cannot provide depth temperatures. I set up two other long lines with 3 onz. bait walkers with jerk baits. On my downrigger weights I use attractors, then set up a lure 10-15 feet behind it. The strangest thing happenned, I was driving the boat when I heard a noise like the downrigger ball had hit the bottom, it was on the line set a 45 feet, my wife struggled to get the rod out of rod holder, when she did, we knew she had something big, the fish ran and started stripping line off the reel. Then with a head shake it broke the line (15 lbs fleurocargon leader) at the knot. What ever it was is hit hard enough that it took the 8lb downrigger ball in different direction or it attacked the attractor 1st. We got over the excitement and reset the line at 45 feet deep and then I hooked into this 4lb bass and I have provided a picture of my sonar.
Attachments
IS_L_Champlain.jpg
IMG_1663.JPG
Last edited by DreamWeaver on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
DreamWeaver
Species: Salmon, trout and bass

Re: IS Friday Aug 11

Post by DreamWeaver »

Forgot to mention this has been our lure of success time and time again. On every body of water we have fished, and be it landlocked salmon, lake trout, steelhead, walleye, pike and bass, this lure has proven itself.
Attachments
pointer 110MR AB.jpg
pointer 110MR AB.jpg (7.18 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
riverrunner
Species: Salmonids

Post by riverrunner »

Nice. We had a slow day today on the sea. Couple perch for our troubles.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

you will never know what broke you off but will live forever in your mind im sure. i like you color of the stickbait very much for champlain.