MAIN LAKE SLOWER THEN NORMAL

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
hard knox
Species: salmon

MAIN LAKE SLOWER THEN NORMAL

Post by hard knox »

Did a hafe day trip with a couple guys that are a little green when it comes to fishing on 07/19/17 started of a little slow then bight picked up for a hour or two went 12 for 16 all laker bight with only a couple in the 8 lb range mostly small fish . Bight ended with a double then could not even get a bump off so called it a day around noon though i was not satisfied with the days catch my customers had a blast and thats what counts . Fished out of peru witch in years past has been full of fish this year has been lot tougher with very few salmon and less lake trout then normal what i noticed was temp break was around 65 feet but all fish were 100 or deeper .Most fish were caught down 110 on the rigger on black and chrome stinger and double hook ups came on blue /chrome slim fish behind a torpedo weight . Could not mark thermo on fish finder ? but could locate it no problem with dept raider maybe it is not fully set up yet .Will be back out there Saturday to have another look might just try a couple new spots just to see whats going on else were .
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: MAIN LAKE SLOWER THEN NORMAL

Post by Reelax »

Lots of searching has paid off at times this year... Old hot spots don't seem as productive.. Your experience is right in line with what we have been seeing lake wide... Thanks for the report!
Matt B
ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Re: MAIN LAKE SLOWER THEN NORMAL

Post by ThreeBuoys »

Thanks for the report. Not sure we will see any changes this year. Between the bird population and the unusual conditions this Spring, it has made it difficult at best.