Broad Lake

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Smitty
Species: Salmon & Lake Trout

Broad Lake

Post by Smitty »

Fished the main lake on the 18th launched out of Mallets Bay fished in the bay for maybe 2 hours
marked lots of fish in the 20' to 40' figured these were bass didn't do anything in the bay picked
up gear and moved out to the main lake around 10:30 put on the probe and sent it down to 20'
69 degree water on surface same all the way down to 35' then started to see change down at 50'
we found 54 to 56 degree water at 75' fished in 65' w/o 100' fow wind had kicked up just enough to
make it hard to troll into the wind so we decided to head North motored south from Providence and then turned and trolled with the wind finally started to mark some fish past the Island to the Ferry didn't get any Salmon but did manage to get 4 Lakers and one white fish put everything back into the lake except one Laker nothing worth writing home about but considering what we have caught in the 5 trips up this year so far I'm not going to complain. all I can say is thank God for the Lakers this year...the Salmon sure aren't being helpful this season. Lakers caught on purple and Pink Honey Bee
off downriggers at 65'.

ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Re: Broad Lake

Post by ThreeBuoys »

Thanks for the report.
I could have pretty much written the same thing. No problem finding Lakers on the broad lake.
I was out yesterday from around 2:30 to 6. Caught several lakers 75 ft down in 150 temp was right at 50 degrees. Did not seem to matter what lure I used. Wonderbread, Army Truck, PPE, heavy trolling from Honeybee. Even a fly behind a Pro Troll. Main line and cheaters.
Only glitch is I snapped off my transducer somehow. I have a spare that uses the same bracket, but still have to route the cable.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Certainly has been slow on the salmon. At least you were in the right spot if there was one around. When you do get one, however, they are good sized. Lakers will save the day.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Thanks for the report and the peek at the slimer... Salmon are still tough to find, but the lakers keep you busy. If they would only jump then that would be ore fun!
Matt B