Skunked again!!!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
mudchuck
Species: perch

Re: Skunked again!!!

Post by mudchuck »

so is anyone jigging lakers in this area yet?
I'm not quite set up to troll, but would very much like to get on some lakers
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Keith,

That 63 F water is still cold and the fish are in that water throughout the column almost to the surface even though we have a defined break at 45 feet. As soon as it gets up to upper 60's or 70 degrees down to the break 45-55 feet (ie. Summer conditions) then there will be more fish at or near that thermocline. The result: More predictable salmon fishing around that 60 F mark at the top of the thermocline down 45-55 feet defined by a temp. probe.
OUTCAST
Species: lake trout, salmon

Post by OUTCAST »

If your after Lakers Dan. There is more than you can handle in the locations you fish. If I'm specifically targeting Lakers I only fish the bottom I never fish the thermocline. I stay 5 feet off the bottom this time of year in the 80 to 90 fow range. You can pull clean spoons or stickbaits. Or run cowbells in front of them, makes no difference. But you should be fishing the bottom.
plumberdan
Species: all

Post by plumberdan »

Thankx outcast you're probably right. I lack a bit in experience but will get better with time. The more you fish the more you learn right?? :D I'll get back at it next weekend hopefully the weather will cooperate. Thx again to all you passionate fishermen!!
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

In addition to the normal stick and spoon hook ups, cow bells with peanuts (wobble trolls) have also landed a few for me this season. I never really used them much because you have to go so darn slow but they do provide action when the silvers are sleepy. As others have said, the lake really isn't set up yet so my tactic is to drag rigs at as many different depths as possible and repeat whatever works - sometimes its more productive and interesting than just chasing hooks on the screen.