fish hawk td

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
spinner
Species: salmon

fish hawk td

Post by spinner »

I have had a fish hawk td for 2 years now and I'm not sure if the battery is still good in it.On the company web page says they are good for five-year minimum battery life guarantee. I get it ready and drop it down past 50 feet and it only tell me temp at 5 feet. Never had problem with before until now. After a year you can send it back in but the will charge you 85 bucks. Has anyone else had this issue .
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Re: fish hawk td

Post by jimbow »

Why not just change the batteries and see if that works? :?: :?: :?: :shock: You may just have some bad batteries...OR... if the probe is wet, it is ON.....you may have per-maturely lessen the life of the batteries by putting in a wet area, plus how many hours use do you have??? ..Also check for water INSIDE the probe....could be a loose gasket... Fish Hawk has the best service department around, many times they wave repair fees and just charge shipping, especially if it is an issue with the unit.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

jimbow wrote:Why not just change the batteries and see if that works? :?: :?: :?: :shock: You may just have some bad batteries...OR... if the probe is wet, it is ON.....you may have per-maturely lessen the life of the batteries by putting in a wet area, plus how many hours use do you have??? ..Also check for water INSIDE the probe....could be a loose gasket... Fish Hawk has the best service department around, many times they wave repair fees and just charge shipping, especially if it is an issue with the unit.
It's a sealed unit. Can't open
Matt B
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Reelax wrote:
jimbow wrote:Why not just change the batteries and see if that works? :?: :?: :?: :shock: You may just have some bad batteries...OR... if the probe is wet, it is ON.....you may have per-maturely lessen the life of the batteries by putting in a wet area, plus how many hours use do you have??? ..Also check for water INSIDE the probe....could be a loose gasket... Fish Hawk has the best service department around, many times they wave repair fees and just charge shipping, especially if it is an issue with the unit.
It's a sealed unit. Can't open
Sorry, thanks for the clarification Reelax...
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Call their customer service and explain the issue and they will recommend a solution.
spinner

Post by spinner »

will do Ron
spinner

Post by spinner »

Ron
I went out today Sunday the 9th to Stave And it worked just fine. The temp dropped like a rock out there. For the first 30 feet high 60's 35 feet was 62 and 40 feet was 52 dam. I set the lowest at 50 and the other at 35 .Started fishing at 8am around stave nada. got to providence and was very busy till 11 catching about a dozen lakers.Off the water at noon had to get home and take a nap so I could go to work. The lake was very bumpy and did not see any other fishing boats but a bunch of blow boats
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Wonderful news!
vtfishin
Species: Salmon, Steel, eyes, bass...

Post by vtfishin »

Fishhawk suggests removing the rubber bumper after use / during storage as it can keep water in contact with the contacts and the probe remains on shortening battery life.