Inland Sea Rudd!!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
dickbaker
Species: Salmon, pike and bass

Re: Inland Sea Rudd!!

Post by dickbaker »

Real Dick Baker?
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Remember that game show "Whats My Line"? I wanted to test Photobucket and it's alive and well. :) I passed GO and didn't have to pay $200. :)

Is that photo above "Karl" "Privateer" or Dick Baker? I Dunno. Nice fish!

What's My Line? is a panel game show which originally ran in the United States on the CBS Television Network from 1950 to 1967, with several international versions and subsequent U.S. revivals. The game requires celebrity panelists to question a contestant in order to determine his or her occupation, i.e., "line [of work]," with panelists occasionally being called on to identify a celebrity "mystery guest" with specificity

dickbaker

Post by dickbaker »

As I remember it, What's my Line came just before Groucho Marks?
Dick
NHfishin4fun
Species: Bass/Pike/Salmon

Post by NHfishin4fun »

Just so everyone knows, "Dick Baker" is my father and usually fishing with me on the Inland Sea since I usually bring my boat out to our camp in Grand Isle anyway. (My boat is a new Black Tracker Targa, with or without fisherman's top depending on the weather and crew!) As far as pictures from him, that may be a challenge since he's usually more interested in getting pictures of others rather than himself.

I was with him when he picked up the Rudd and at first I thought it was a giant golden shiner or a small Carp but, definitely not one of those. It almost looked like a Dorado with red (goldfish color) fins. It was an interesting catch but I could certainly see how that would be attractive forage to Pike. Who knows, maybe they like to eat milfoil?

As for boat pictures, I've been promising since last year to get a picture of the boat up and Just haven't managed to get around to it yet but, I've only passed a couple other Targa's out there recently so I suppose there's a good chance if you see one, it could be us.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Those rudd musta been quite the sight.. Please take a pic if you get anymore. I would like to see one..

Thanks for the info
Matt B
dickbaker

Post by dickbaker »

Ill try again Matt, Camera with me from now on!
In the mean time try not to intimate that I'm a lurker? It would also be nice if C-Hunt didn't hint that I'm a lying writer?? At the present I only right (gratis) for NH Hawkeye Outdoor Magazine. I hope to continue my morning and evening visits to Champlain United.
Best Dick
Last edited by dickbaker on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

NHfishin4fun wrote:Just so everyone knows, "Dick Baker" is my father and usually fishing with me on the Inland Sea .......
That was very brave of you to admit that, NH. Did you have to go to counseling to be able to admit that on a public forum?

Just kidding, Dick! Glad to see you and your son enjoy fishing together like my son and I do! :mrgreen:
dickbaker

Post by dickbaker »

Crayfish, Hope my son and I can fish with you and PB in the future. We always pass through Jericho on our way to Champlain.
Dick
Honest John
Species: All interested parties

Post by Honest John »

dickbaker

Post by dickbaker »

Thanks Honest John, I'm pretty sure that Fishy1 has a Rudd rather than a mammoth golden shiner?
But Golden shiners have been know to hybridize with Rudd. I'll still try to get a photo of a Grand Isle Rudd.
Dick