Broad lake run outta Coastguard launch.

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Broad lake run outta Coastguard launch.

Post by Reelax »

Homwrecker, Raz and I launched out of Burlington at 530am Saturday. Calm waters and only trolling boat at launch. Lots of fog headed across lake.
Scary moment when we came off plane in front of willsboro launch and we could hear a bass boat going about 70 coming but we couldn't see him in the fog.. :evil:

After s few tense moments and blowing the horn he went by headed south at a distance. Couldn't even see him fog was so thick.. Not sure what he was thinking???

We setup and started trolling.. 1st a few lakers then a salmon, then. More lakers. Around 1030 we decided to pic and try vt side.
Setup off juniper in deep water and ran same program.. Bam, bam a couple of nice lakers...

Wham Raz drops a PIG.. Then Dean lands another keeper salmon....

Riggers fired best followed by slide divers. Not sure lead core fired at all..? Bling on riggers with spoons tight to blades was ticket. More spinninhardware down at depth seemed to scare up the bite... Copper and purple fired all day.

At about 1pm we decided to pic and call it a day. We ended up 10 for 13 with some salmon mixed in. 2 of them were the 17-18" inch class that we feel are delpeated on the lake.. Good to see... Lots of lamprey, we killed 6.
One laker had 2 on it... Blah

Thermocline begins to setup with 65 surface, 54 at around 45-50 fow... Not a bad start.... Lots of fun with a great crew.. Thanks for the day guys.

Fish back on!
Matt B
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Broad lake run outta Coastguard launch.

Post by raz »

Such a fun day...an absolute riot!!! Thanks guys!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

thanks matt for the great report as usual. were not finding much lampreys down this way on fish at least we havent . found some but they were scattered. the bass boat was probably in the finals of the flw pro wal mart tour. they always scare me even without the fog. sounds like homewrecker and raz had a blast.
spinner
Species: salmon

Post by spinner »

I used the coast guard launch many years ago. Do you have to pay for the use of it at perkins pier or the boat house or is it free.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

spinner wrote:I used the coast guard launch many years ago. Do you have to pay for the use of it at perkins pier or the boat house or is it free.
They have a kiosk machine you use to get a ticket now... Been that way for a couple of years. $10 for all day, works great. This launch has access to many areas to fish and doesn't get used to its potential in my opinion.
Matt B
riddlervt
Species: Fins and Scales

Post by riddlervt »

Great report Matt! Nice pics too. Maybe the bass boat had radar!
Riddler
spinner
Species: salmon

Post by spinner »

Thanks Matt.I use apple island access but my limit there is 95 feet lake level the I usually use vantines which is an 8 mile shot to get to Stave area and sometimes the lake gets nasty.
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

Reelax wrote:
This launch has access to many areas to fish and doesn't get used to its potential in my opinion.
Shhhh...

:D
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Post by Trackertroller »

Cold water species acquired!!
Great job!
Bling worked for us a week ago too.

Should be a interesting july
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Post by ThreeBuoys »

Went out yesterday am over by Valcour, marking fish all over in 125. Fished 70 down on main line, cheaters probably at 35. Had 4 lakers hit all 4 lures.....that was fun!
Trolled all the way over to Prov/Stave, one more fish in 65 ft. Big laker...9lbs.
ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Post by ThreeBuoys »

Went out today at 6am again on Broad Lake.... pretty snotty out there. Decided to try and stay protected between Stave and Prov. Found fish at 50 ft. Both lakers. Called it a day after 2 hours of getting pounded. Fish everywhere, just no Salmon yet.