rotery fishing derby

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Re: rotery fishing derby

Post by C-Hawk »

I met a guy who won the salmon category one year , and after a great time at the Naked Turtle, just about broke even. The next year they won third and lost money. Some years they placed again and decided it was cheaper to go to the liquor store and not go to the ceremony. Am I right Mo?
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

i was at the awards and they had checks for the winners and everyone that didnt show up they said the money goes back to the rotary and community. but you guys are right it does say the top 3. just the opposite of what they said there.
Striperking
Species: Salmon Trout

Post by Striperking »

Just a quick update. I reached out to the Rotary Derby chairperson. Without getting into all of the nitty-gritty, bottom line is they are going pay for the brown trout per the way the rules read. I do want to say that I always gave the Rotary the benefit of the doubt. The Rotarian's do good work and not once did I ever think their mission was to screw fishermen out of the money. These folks are volunteers and in my opinion they are doing the best job they can. Are they perfect, of course not. Are their intentions in the right place, you bet they are!

So I'm going to move on and get back to fishing!!!
dickbaker
Species: Salmon, pike and bass

Post by dickbaker »

Ok? As I understand it the LCI awards ceremony is not until Friday night at the S. Burlington Sheraton?
Dick
Striperking
Species: Salmon Trout

Post by Striperking »

dickbaker wrote:Ok? As I understand it the LCI awards ceremony is not until Friday night at the S. Burlington Sheraton?
Dick
Dick: 7 or 7:30 Friday night.
Adkhare
Species: All of em

Post by Adkhare »

Striperking wrote:Just a quick update. I reached out to the Rotary Derby chairperson. Without getting into all of the nitty-gritty, bottom line is they are going pay for the brown trout per the way the rules read. I do want to say that I always gave the Rotary the benefit of the doubt. The Rotarian's do good work and not once did I ever think their mission was to screw fishermen out of the money. These folks are volunteers and in my opinion they are doing the best job they can. Are they perfect, of course not. Are their intentions in the right place, you bet they are!

So I'm going to move on and get back to fishing!!!
Fantastic... congratulations would of been a Shame to get screwed with a great catch like that
4sixty
Species: Sal/trout

Post by 4sixty »

I am sorry if I shouldn't said anything cause they are volunteers but I been in these context lots of yearz Mn never won any thing
I just felt I abide by the rules why should they just because they don't get paid , rules are rules that keep slot of confusion at bay sorry if I rubbed you wrong way cause I thought it was important .