rotery fishing derby

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
brute/felix
Species: salmon

rotery fishing derby

Post by brute/felix »

does any one no how to contact the rotery we won fourth place and have yet to here anything any help is greatly appreciated thanks
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: rotery fishing derby

Post by Reelax »

Oh boy...
Matt B
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

I always thought you had to be at the awards ceremony to get your money
Adkhare
Species: All of em

Post by Adkhare »

I believe I saw someplace in their booklet you only needed to be present for the top 3 spots, not positive but may be worth looking into.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

its mandatory to be there at the awards if not the check is kept by the rotary . i was there and 2 didnt show up so they forfeited there checks.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

fishy1 wrote:its mandatory to be there at the awards if not the check is kept by the rotary . i was there and 2 didnt show up so they forfeited there checks.
That's one Major reason I don't fish this derby anymore...

Another is, half the time you attend for the cash and by the time they get final results you go from 3rd place to 6th and don't get anything for your trip to NY. Have seen this happen many times.

Another is weighing in a fish in top 10 and never seeing it in the final top 10 for the derby... Even when it should have held 7th place, somehow the weight got lost?

Shootout, Datillios, and Draw your partner are the 3 best cold water derbies IMHO.

Fish on!
Matt B
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

brute/felix wrote:does any one no how to contact the rotery we won fourth place and have yet to here anything any help is greatly appreciated thanks
Was that the GIANT Brown? Here are the official results: https://portal.clubrunner.ca/1408/page/31fishingresults
Best of luck!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Off season
Species: Salmon/Lakers

Post by Off season »

Sounds like Billy better print the Results and Frame it! All he's getting this year! Nice contest ! WTF
"OFF SEASON"
Off season

Post by Off season »

4th Place $373. Billy Id call 877-519-7942
"OFF SEASON"
JDK
Species: Togue

Post by JDK »

No skin in this game but I printed this directly from the Rotary website. Only reason I looked is I may be interested in fishing it next year.

8. PRIZES

A. The 2017 “Classic” will award cash prizes for the five largest (by weight) Lake Trout, Atlantic Landlocked Salmon (including steelhead and brown trout), and Walleye caught and offered in accordance with “Classic” rules and regulations. GUARANTEE $2,500 minimum for first place winners in all three divisions.
B. $25.00 of each adult registration ticket up to a maximum of $35,000 will be entered into the win pool and be divided equally in cash prizes among the Lake Trout category, Salmon category, and Walleye category. Example: 1,500 adult registrants x $25.00 = $37,500.
C. The percentage indicated above for cash awards will remain constant. The only variable is the number of registrants. Therefore, if there are 1,000 registrants instead of the 1,500 used in the example above, the cash awards would total $25,000.
D. In the event of a tie in any of the prize categories, the first fish weighed in will be declared the winner. Other tie-breaking methods will be established by the judges, if necessary.
E. The official prize winners will be announced and prizes awarded during the “Classic” Awards Ceremony at 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 4, 2017, at the Naked Turtle, Dock Street, in Plattsburgh, NY. The top three (3) prize winners and/or their witness for the winning fish must be present at and participate in the awards ceremony and related promotional activities. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of that winner, and that prize money will be used for Rotary purposes. As this is a family event, any unruly behavior will result in dismissal from the event and disqualification from the Classic for the current year and the immediate subsequent year.
hard knox
Species: salmon

Post by hard knox »

Thats a load of bs they take your money and you way in your fish and if you cant make it to awards they keep more of your money .So when you live 60 miles away 1 way what are you supposed to do leave your fully rigged boat on the side of the road so you can get robbed blind while waiting to see if you one something no thanks the gear on the boat is worth more then what you can win .
Off season

Post by Off season »

This doesn't say anything about the 4th and 5th place winners? How do they claim there prize $
"OFF SEASON"
Striperking
Species: Salmon Trout

Post by Striperking »

Raz wrote:
brute/felix wrote:does any one no how to contact the rotery we won fourth place and have yet to here anything any help is greatly appreciated thanks
Was that the GIANT Brown? Here are the official results: https://portal.clubrunner.ca/1408/page/31fishingresults
Best of luck!
We had the large brown and are still trying to figure out how to get the money. We are hoping a check just shows up. I read the rules as only the top three had to make it to the awards to claim the $$$ We left a message on the phone number that somebody else posted. Haven't heard anything yet. Loved the derby.
Adkhare
Species: All of em

Post by Adkhare »

Yup....that's what I read, doesn't say a thing about 4/5 attending to receive award. Please keep us informed your outcome may play a critical role in me fishing it again.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

I smell a new lure design out of this... sounds like you got the finless brown trout award....many of us have been "Hamburglered" at these events. The people who travel to these events and the vermonters get screwed.