Ausable delta madness

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
plumberdan
Species: all

Ausable delta madness

Post by plumberdan »

Stayed at the Ausable point state park this past weekend with some friends and family. Couldn't bring my boat to go fishing cause i had to pull my pop up trailor tent behind my truck. But one of our friends had brought a 14 foot canoe. Us three guys were bored to numbness shore fishing catching smallmouth so we decided althought quite dangerous to hit broad lake in the canoe. 3 200 pound guys in a small tilty canoe will give you a chill. But heck we love fishing so on with the life jackets and on we were. We headed out 700 or 800 feet from shore to a buoy slow paddeling and trolling jig heads with white mister twisters when BANG!! My line gets a huge hit. The problem being the canoe is way tilty and no one brought a net. None the less the fight was intense. The fight lasted a good 20 min and i landed the nice 10lbs laker on the sandy beach as i had no other means of landing the fish without a net. After that went back and landed 3 more lakers between 6-9lbs. 2 were landed in the canoe and another wildone on the beach. The people on the beach were like "theese guys are crazy" landing fish on the beach haha. Had a hell of a good time!
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Ausable delta madness

Post by fishy1 »

wow shore fishing will surprise you. looks like you had a blast great report being in a canoe on champlain isnt for me though. :lol:
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Sounds like you sure broke the boredom! Congrats on some great lakers and giving the beach-goers a show.
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

i never Jigging for lakers but is on my to do list. Maybe this weekend we will get a chance to try it.
How deep were you fishing?
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

very cool
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
plumberdan

Post by plumberdan »

Sawyer wrote:i never Jigging for lakers but is on my to do list. Maybe this weekend we will get a chance to try it.
How deep were you fishing?
Actually we were going to jig but slowly paddling on the way to the spot where i wanted to fish the fish were on the bite. So we continued to slow troll with the rods between our knees. We were fushing in 45-60 feet of water and one caught in 15 feet deep.
plumberdan

Post by plumberdan »

fishy1 wrote:wow shore fishing will surprise you. looks like you had a blast great report being in a canoe on champlain isnt for me though. :lol:
Very true my friend its just i have no experience shore fishing that's all lol. And fishing in a canoe isn't for me either lol but heck it worked. It was worth giving it a shot. Thx
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

plumberdan wrote:
fishy1 wrote:wow shore fishing will surprise you. looks like you had a blast great report being in a canoe on champlain isnt for me though. :lol:
Very true my friend its just i have no experience shore fishing that's all lol. And fishing in a canoe isn't for me either lol but heck it worked. It was worth giving it a shot. Thx
you did just fine. best of luck the next time.