Shelburne 5/21

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Shelburne 5/21

Post by keithm87 »

Headed out today with my buddy Steve and 802fishtail. Launched out shelburne at 630, and set gear by the first buoy. 2 slides, 2 riggers and 2 inline boards. Mix of spoons and sticks and a spin n glow dodger, and cowbell spin n glo on the riggers. Steve commented on how unlikely it was that the spin n glo rigs would work, and then for the first 45 minutes he got I told you so moments while I tried to get the chamberlains dialed in with the extra drag.
We trolled out of the bay and finally had a real strike. I grabbed the rod and the fish dug for the bottom. After a bit of a fight landed a nice 27 inch laker on the spin glo dodger. The next 3 hours in that same area we landed 6 more nice lakers all on the same rig. Ended up landing a total of 13 lakers smaller as the day went on. They shut off in the afternoon. Lure of the day was a clown spin n glo behind a 00 dodger down 75, but also had 4 hits (1 landed) on dodger fly out 6 colors lead, and several hits on the slide divers with chartreuse black dot speedy and blue silver hammered datillios special. Here is Steves nice laker over 29inch and 9.5 lb

And 802fishtails biggest one

Sawyer
Species: All

Re: Shelburne 5/21

Post by Sawyer »

nice fish guys. looks like you had a nice smooth day on the water
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Catching 13 lakers is a great fishing day. These a nice fat ones. Water looks very calm.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

NICE FISH!! Congrats!!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen