jimmer invited me today for some trout and salmon trolling

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
fishy1
Species: many species

jimmer invited me today for some trout and salmon trolling

Post by fishy1 »

5/21/2017 fished port henry area today with jimmer chris and bill. all i can say is we had a blast and the fish were a bonus. we landed 3 lakers and 1 salmon . got broke off by a big fish lost a big salmon when it crossed over on another rigger cable just out of reach of the net. lots of needling on board today and some truth to them to. :lol: this was bill,s ist time out trolling and he worked all night but made it through the day with a smile on his face. bill was a rookie so he took some nit picking but soon had a good follow up for jimmer and even chris. :lol: like to thank jimmer for a fun day with great company and even landed some nice fish. marked lots of bait and bigger fish in spots but it was where we didnt mark anything we lost the salmon and landed 1. lakers were caught at 58 feet down on different lures wobble glow jimmers hand painted lures and honeybees. this happened today with the big salmon we lost i was steering the boat and keeping my eye on the fish hawk and fish finder when there looked like a fish or big clump of weeds going up and down for awhile then straightened out was showing the guys as i did the rigger released and fish on. that salmon was on and was fighting all the while on the fish finder and didnt release. lesson learned check your rods when you see this on your finder. had a blast today .
here is jimmer chris and bill
Imageupload a gifImagefree picture upload
bill trying to hold a laker for a pic
me with almost 30 inch laker
Imagejpg images
our only salmon landed

Imagepicture upload
Last edited by fishy1 on Mon May 22, 2017 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: jimmer invited me today for some trout and salmon trolling

Post by fishy1 »

i forgot to mention on this days outings i steered the boat kept jimmer and chris in the loop with the depths marking fish and so on but the treat was for bill and i to land all the fish. jimmer and chris just set the riggers and boards and handed the rods over to us. they did one heck of a job to. lots of boats but not many fish were landed . so as a team we did pretty well. :D
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice report Matt. Looks like this crew had lots of fun and caught some decent fish.
It's always the big one that gets away, but he still there for someone to catch.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Great read! Nice Fish.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen