pan fishing and cafishing2017 ADDED PIC OF 30 LB PLUS CATFISH 7/25/2017

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: pan fishing and cafishing2017

Post by fishy1 »

jimbow wrote:Seems like I'm over due to meet up with you Matt, we have to give them hell. Maybe we can schedule something with Don and his wife in the near future.
very tough for all of us to get together. will do it sometimes in the near future.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Will be out saturday am with Harrison. Will you be in your spot Matty? Will stop by if your out. Going to do some fun fishing!

Harrison tells me he is all excited to put his new boat in and catch a huge cooler of perch to sell.... being 14 and a yoing entrpreneur i tell him he has to pay me back for the boat, gas, insurance, registration...before he takes a profit...lol. i hope i put an end to it...
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Hairbone wrote:Will be out saturday am with Harrison. Will you be in your spot Matty? Will stop by if your out. Going to do some fun fishing!

Harrison tells me he is all excited to put his new boat in and catch a huge cooler of perch to sell.... being 14 and a yoing entrpreneur i tell him he has to pay me back for the boat, gas, insurance, registration...before he takes a profit...lol. i hope i put an end to it...
will be there harry. x2 on putting an end to harrison,s entrpreneur. :lol:
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

[quote="Hairbone"
Harrison tells me he is all excited to put his new boat in and catch a huge cooler of perch to sell.... being 14 and a yoing entrpreneur i tell him he has to pay me back for the boat, gas, insurance, registration...before he takes a profit...lol. i hope i put an end to it...[/quote]
If he was smart he would call himself an employee and demand a raise and benefits
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

6/29/2017 went over to the lake at 6:35 pm with 2 rods for catfish and bowfins. no wind and a few fish busting water and semi clear water. 1 run and a drop by 8 pm . wasnt looking the best. 8:20 pm a strong run peeling off line like no tommorrow after taking most of my line closed the bail and set the hook fish on. was having trouble getting it up in the jungle weeds so i tightened the drag up and put more pressure on it. wow what a fight kept after it though and after about 2 or 3 minutes landed it . a fat 18 lb catfish. took a quick pic weighed it and released it and noticed my other rod was very slack. went over picked it up and fish on i land a bowfin. released it also and then headed home.Image
32 inch 18 lb catfish
bowfinImage
Windknot
Species: Trout, salmon, walleye, bass

Post by Windknot »

Patience paid off nice job Matt! What are you using equipment-wise to haul these beasties in?
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

nice cat Matt. Any eels yet? If the weather not to bad Traci and i might come down and try some Salmon and Laker fishing then fish for some pan and cat fish.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Windknot wrote:Patience paid off nice job Matt! What are you using equipment-wise to haul these beasties in?
i use 7 foot cat rods with at least 20lb to 25 lb trilene big game or or trilene 25 lb cat line when i can get it. the heavier line the better because of the jungle weeds which they have to go through. lost to many fish in the past because of the 12 lb mono just cant get them out of the weeds. im experimenting now with a 9 foot medium rod which i caught the 18 lb catfish on last night not quite sure about it for stiffness compared to the 7 footers. from shore you dont have the advantages of being out in a boat. still dont know about saturday will let you know friday. i also use 1/0 double snelled eagle claw hooks and and use 2 per line. one hook through the upper jaw and the other through the lower jaw.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Sawyer wrote:nice cat Matt. Any eels yet? If the weather not to bad Traci and i might come down and try some Salmon and Laker fishing then fish for some pan and cat fish.
don i havent got any eels yet but really havent fished in the heavy weeds yet but some freinds have caught some close to where im fishing. when you come down let me know .
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

7/2 and 7/3 2017 fished a little in the early mornings and evening just for catfish and bowfins with little success . fish were very finicky and didnt do their usual taking the bait and run. i did catch some bowfins and a couple of little cats but nothing impressive although i did lose a good size catfish to the jungle. harry (hairbone) came over and after setting him up in my favorite spot landed a nice 13 lb plus catfish. had his son harrison with him and he was all smiles. going to try and have harry add the pic to this post. last evening i had quite a few runs but wouldnt make a good run finally got into them about 8 pm and they were small bowfins. caught 3 before dark been wondering where the little ones dissapeared to.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

7/5/2017 had a great morning and evening fishing catfish and bowfins . started fishing at 7:45 am and had to leave at 9:30 am to weigh in a 21.41 lb catfish for the lci basin derby and nys summer classic . landed 3 cats. then went back at 6pm to 8:45 pm landing 5 catfish and 3 bowfins. cats were between 14 and 19 lbs. they were on fire . what a great fight they all gave me to pulling them out of the jungle weeds from shore. lost a couple to the weeds that were easily 20 lbs plus. all fish were released to bite again. will post pics later on since post image changed the format and will have to learn all over i guess. heading back to the lake in a few minutes.Image
21.41 lb catfishImage
18 lb plus catImage
another cat
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

You need to change your forum name from fishy 1 to the Cat Man. Nice job Matt
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

God I wish I could figure them out. Made a few trips and get skunked every time. Must be in the wrong area.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

keithm87 wrote:God I wish I could figure them out. Made a few trips and get skunked every time. Must be in the wrong area.
sent you a p.m.
pieman9155
Species: trout

Post by pieman9155 »

every slow yesterday 1 big mouth 1 small and 1 sheep