Converse

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Wdrnr
Species: Salmon Lakers, warm if needed

Converse

Post by Wdrnr »

Boat back from some gel coat work so we had to go.....arrived at Converse a little leisurely 0630. Set up right offf the dock and made the run past The island headed to To Thompsons. Not a stick of bait all the way down the shore to kingsland and beyond. we didn't go completely dry as there were lakers between the island and Thompsons and one good 23 inch silver down 16 ft on really flashy needlefish. In fact all our fish today came on needle fish . Water looked really good at 50 ish temps . A little murky toward kingsland but good lookin water overall. Suprising little bait but a few hours can change everything... Ate the one fish ,,, full of title smelt
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Re: Converse

Post by tamiron »

Sounds like maybe the bait is too high up in the water column to be marked. They will often flair to the sides when they are that shallow as a boat goes over.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
hard knox
Species: salmon

Post by hard knox »

great point about bait flairing to the sides caught 15 lakers in 55 feet of water under the birds did not mark any bait but all the fish spit up bait when coming to the boat ,
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Thanks for the report Dave.. Glad to hear you got the boat back in the water...

Have you posted a pic of the new one on the "show boat" thread yet?

fishon!
Matt B
Westfalien57
Species: Salmono

Post by Westfalien57 »

the surface water is how many a Converse
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Post by drachma »

I have side scan also on my fishfinder and in situtations like this I can see bait to the side when there appears to be none underneath.

Michael
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

drachma wrote:I have side scan also on my fishfinder and in situtations like this I can see bait to the side when there appears to be none underneath.

Michael
Never had a side scanner, but definitely suspected, after the fact, that I had been fishing too deep, for the circumstances, when seeing an empty screen, even with the temperature indicating that the bait should be there!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen