lots of lakers

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
hard knox
Species: salmon

lots of lakers

Post by hard knox »

Started my day of around 8 am headed over towards plattsburgh bay and east towards the point noticed some turns hanging around so set my lines and started with a slim fish down 55 feet in a shad pattern and set the other line down 15 for salmon .Didnt take long before started marking lakers down rod keep me pretty busy for the next 3 hours with lakers one right after the other most in the 7 to 9 lb range only a couple little ones .Tried multiple spoons up high for salmon but no takers at 11.30 the bight shut of like a light switch tried other spots and depths but nothing .Ended the day with 15 nice fish all in 55 feet of water guess i should have put the 2nd road down that might have been really fun .Speed was around 2.2 to .2.5 water temp 48 surface and fish were spitting up bait even though really didnt mark much bait unless it was 110 or deeper .
Predator hunter
Species: Lake trout

Re: lots of lakers

Post by Predator hunter »

Good report "hard knox" nice to know the lakers are "on"!

Were you fishing in deep water or on bottom at 55 feet?

I can't wait to go back this coming weekend. :)
hard knox
Species: salmon

Post by hard knox »

right on bottom in 55 feet sure would be nice to find some salmon while i am out there been a weird spring.
Why Knot
Species: Trout

Post by Why Knot »

New to the forum! I just want to say you guys do a great job! First trip to the lake and staying in the Gut. Unbelievable fishing here! All the pike and pickerel you want in the Gut! Ran out to Cumberland Bay this morning and its was Lakers galore! Using the lead core at 8 colors. Marking salmon (I think) at 8 to 12 feet but no takers. Will try to post pictures once I figure out how to attach.
Thanks again!
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

Ran into a lot of 6-8 # lakers off Saxton and Quaker Smith buoys this morning. 40' down on riggers over 50-60 FOW. They all came on small white back PPE's. Water's still under 50 there with the steady south wind. Not much concentrated bait.

Is the water warmer up north now?
Predator hunter
Species: Lake trout

Post by Predator hunter »

Why Knot wrote:Will try to post pictures once I figure out how to attach.
To insert image, you can use the "Attachments" Under the message box in "Post a reply"