IS Sunday 04/23/2017

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

IS Sunday 04/23/2017

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

Very calm wind wise and fish wise. Caught a nice one after 20 minutes so our expectations just raise; made another pass on the same spot the another hit a small salmon that went back in the water 2 other miss then it was over and finish; no more action.
Reelax and his crew were fishing in the same area and they were struggling to.
Even the border officer on our way back said that we were the 1st reporting a fish.
Reelax.jpg
André saumon.jpg
muskytime
Species: Bass/Salmon

Re: IS Sunday 04/23/2017

Post by muskytime »

Hello André,
About the same for me, started at Sand Bar than Eagle mountain way North, no taker.

Water very cold 35 to 39 but a very calm sea under a big sunshine.

Cross the lake to Keeler Bay were 3 small fish hit my funny lure, a very little snap bean.

Out of the water by 2:30, ever see so many trailer at the ramp, truck were park every were

Claude!!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Nice pics Andre'... I don't want to discuss our results from yesterday, but we had a great time
with Lightandvariable and marknfish aboard.... I think the bluebird day ruined it for the most of us...

Here is a pic of that nice new PrinceCraft you have..

Nice little 20 boat fleet out there at about 9am though!
Matt B
Wallyandre (Andre)

Reelax wrote:Nice pics Andre'... I don't want to discuss our results from yesterday, but we had a great time
with Lightandvariable and marknfish aboard.... I think the bluebird day ruined it for the most of us...

Thats fishing! Some days are tough and some days are easy

It's not a 1.45hr. that will stop us. Will be back but don't know when; forecast is not on our side for the days coming.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

well at least we weren't alone. We were late to the party arriving at 8 due to a little too much liquor the night before. Headed straight for keeler and turned the corner to see what had to be 25 boats in a small area over the deep water. Decided it was best to not get mixed in there. And we set gear and trolled around the edge of the group. Had no luck at all. The only action all day was when I was setting a flat line and forgot to set the line. About 3 minutes later I noticed it out 360 feet. Decided to leave it out there and 5 minutes later the rod bent over. I grabbed it, drag started to go, but with so much line out on the thick mono I was closing in on an empty bail. I set my thumb on the spool to slow it and the line popped. 500 feet of line later found my 10lb Seaguar had snapped midway up the leader. Not sure what it was but it must have been big to break the line with that much mono stretch.
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Congrats on the beautiful salmon, Andre! Glad to see someone found them.

There had to have been 35+ boats in Keeler's yesterday! 25 by the ledges and another 10 or more over by the creek. We couldn't find any salmon but my son caught a MONSTER pike ... 11.25lbs / 37" on a tiny green Matzuo stick bait. Funny thing is he caught a 9.5lb pike the day before on the same lure!
Wallyandre (Andre)

Congrats on the beautiful salmon, Andre! Glad to see someone found them.
He found me! :lol:

That's a real nice pike!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice boat and nice fish Andre. Looks like the bite was on the slow side Sunday. We launched at Port Douglas at 6:30 am and only managed a 5 lb laker, which had an empty stomach. We were the only boat at Port Douglas all day, I guess the crowd were in IS.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Wallyandre (Andre)

Reelax wrote:Nice pics Andre'... I don't want to discuss our results from yesterday, but we had a great time

Here is a pic of that nice new PrinceCraft you have..

Thanks for the pic Matt!

dickbaker
Species: Salmon, pike and bass

Post by dickbaker »

Crayfish wrote:Congrats on the beautiful salmon, Andre! Glad to see someone found them.

There had to have been 35+ boats in Keeler's yesterday! 25 by the ledges and another 10 or more over by the creek. We couldn't find any salmon but my son caught a MONSTER pike ... 11.25lbs / 37" on a tiny green Matzuo stick bait. Funny thing is he caught a 9.5lb pike the day before on the same lure!
:shock:
Does anyone ever think about pulling planers when it gets this busy in a small area? Sometimes it looks as if a boater has put boards out 100 feet each side and than gone to sleep at the wheel :ugeek:
Dick
Wallyandre (Andre)

One of the reason I like pulling inline planners so I can reel in if necessary and turning faster to go back on where I got a bite. Some guys take half of the lake with big boards and they are not happy when they see somebody coming close!
tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Post by tmcaul »

Nice fish, Andre. Might have been the best of the weekend...don't know for sure.

Tom
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

That is a nice fat IS Salmon congrats.
Hey crayfish do you have a pic of your son's pike? 11.25 Lbs is good for champlain.
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Hey, Don. Here is the NASTY looking 9.5lber he caught the day before ... that one went back, but we kept the 11.25# pike so we could get his lure back! I'm not going to post his bigger one here since he hasn't written up the story yet on other sites. Don't want to steal his thunder.

Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Thanks for the pic. I look forward to reading the story on his adventure sight. DON