Port Henry

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Re: Port Henry

Post by Hairbone »

Adkhare wrote:Could be poor luck but personal experience from boat or shore are depressing this year, this weekend the boats heading anywhere but bulwagga bay. Sorry couldn't help positively
Last 2 springs with low water have been unbelievable , three years ago the bite turned on later with the high water and fish were caught in the bay during the rotary
Off season
Species: Salmon/Lakers

Post by Off season »

Hows the Bite ? whats water Temp at in Bullwaga?
"OFF SEASON"
Adkhare
Species: All of em

Post by Adkhare »

Depends who you talk to, some getting a few some not even getting hits . Surface temp was 52 ish on Saturday
Heartbeat
Species: Salmon

Post by Heartbeat »

When is the rotary?
bigfish
Species: salmon

Post by bigfish »

June 2-3-4
Adkhare

Post by Adkhare »

So I had to miss a weekend trolling to take care of some business but had time to spy with the binoculars and since there is not a single word mentioning Port Henry out of the 15/20 boats I saw I'm assuming that things were extremely slow or everyone is not telling, anyone have a report before I have a sick day this week?
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

i was supposed to go out saturday and sunday but couldnt because of some things to do. my freind jimmer who i was supposed to go with saturday had a slow day and landed 1 salmon another boat i know marked lots of bait and fish but no takers sunday the same . i was in 2 trout ponds and it was slow there also but did manage some brookies. overall everyone fishing somewhere over the weekend was slow and it had lots to do with the full moon and air.
Hugues
Species: Cold water fishes and Walleyes

Post by Hugues »

Fishing god was good to us at Port Henry this weekend. Fished all day saturday and until noon sunday. Fished with two riggers down 10 and 14 feet, back 15 feet with cheaters, 2 dipsy and leadcores. Surprisingly leadcores produced just 1 or 2 fish, riggers was the key. 23 hits on saturday all salmons but 4 lakers, 1 brown and 1 rainbow (grand slam, yeah!); 10 hits on sunday for 4 salmons, 1 laker and two rainbows. Water temp around 54-57* at surface, 50* down 10 Feet. Only 3 boats in the bay sunday :shock:
Adkhare

Post by Adkhare »

Port Henry getting better and better saw lots caught today and many salmon jumping....little surprised not to see more reports
MWM

Post by MWM »

We fished Port Henry today, one release and quick to spit the hook. Not much to report here... Tough spring for us so far!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

fished in jimmers boat and did fairly well headed north a little got into lakers and then salmon. had a tough time getting them in the net though. fish were there mostly on the bottom though. landed 1 salmon in the east channel but tough fishing there lots of debris on the surface. marked some nice bait balls out there also.
Adkhare

Post by Adkhare »

MWM wrote:We fished Port Henry today, one release and quick to spit the hook. Not much to report here... Tough spring for us so far!
I know how you felt about yesterday it's been hit or miss this year for us too, it's all or nothing. Either way you slice it the salmon are a lot less plentiful this year in this area compared to normal. We did 3 lakers and a salmon so compared to last trip was a huge success
MWM

Post by MWM »

Headed back to the lake tomorrow, hoping for better luck than the last 2 trips. Anyone out this week? Surface temps still 53-55ish around Port Henry ? Fish starting to head further north?Thanks

Matt
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Matt:

From the reports, stay in the top 10 feet of water, especially the surface, before boat traffic comes!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen