Spooky Golden Salmon Honey bee - FYI NOT YET APPROVED OR AVAILABLE!!!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Spooky Golden Salmon Honey bee - FYI NOT YET APPROVED OR AVAILABLE!!!

Post by jimbow »

Hi , just bored so I painted a Spooky Golden Salmon Honey Bee. Sorry about the pix quality, tried to get too close. Jim M. I hope you like it.

Imagepicture share

Imagephoto uploading
Last edited by jimbow on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Spooky Golden Salmon Honey bee - FYI NOT YET APPROVED OR AVAILABLE!!!

Post by fishy1 »

nice jim . i have the same problems with my cell phone camera and my canon have to take to many pics to get it right. :)
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice work Jim. Beautiful color.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
jimbow

Post by jimbow »

Gecha (Gerry) wrote:Nice work Jim. Beautiful color.

Thanks Gerry :D ...I love those colors too ;) ...you should see it under UV...Scary !! :o
Honest John
Species: All interested parties

Post by Honest John »

nice likeness! I wonder if anyone ever saw an albino lls in Champlain...
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

i like it very much.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

[quote="jimbow"]Hi , just bored so I painted a Spooky Golden Salmon Honey Bee. Sorry about the pix quality, tried to get too close. Jim M. I hope you like it.

Imagepicture share

I do! And that's what it'll be called
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
dickbaker
Species: Salmon, pike and bass

Post by dickbaker »

Jim and Jimbow! I like that even more than the purple people eater. Any hope of producing them for this spring/summer?
Dick
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

dickbaker wrote:Jim and Jimbow! I like that even more than the purple people eater. Any hope of producing them for this spring/summer?
Dick
Not until some fish are caught on them!

But a similar pattern with some of the same colors already exists.
https://www.tamiron.com/product-p/10437 ... 1&CartID=0

The PPE has far surpassed the sales of any one color pattern and has caught fish all over the country ... Dick, it's a winner and you ought to try some!
Last edited by tamiron on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
dickbaker

Post by dickbaker »

Jim, I already have four PPE honeybees and they will be in the water a great deal of time. There will be times when I will troll all four at the same time? Looking forward to a story on the most productive salmon spoons! Sure wish I had a couple of Jimbow's "spooky" honeybees so that they could produce fish this season?
Dick
jimbow

Post by jimbow »

dickbaker wrote:Jim, I already have four PPE honeybees and they will be in the water a great deal of time. There will be times when I will troll all four at the same time? Looking forward to a story on the most productive salmon spoons! Sure wish I had a couple of Jimbow's "spooky" honeybees so that they could produce fish this season?
Dick

Dick, I will be up there testing this spoon and other Bee's I've done as soon as I or friends can get a boat in the water (on N.Y side), believe me. I will let Jim M. know what works (or doesn't) but I think this one will be a natural.... However, Jim already has a great line up of spoons that people can use, you might want to try the model he suggested until we can see what my new spoon can do. Jim always tests the spoons he sells BEFORE putting them into full production so they are known fish catchers. Thanks so much for your interest in my design, more are to come and some other "tested" models may be already to go into production sometime in the near future....FYI Don't forget to try the new casting spoons for flat lining this spring, they can handle and SHOULD be run at higher speed, great tool for locating fish and all are in "Tested" fish catching colors......Jimbow
dickbaker

Post by dickbaker »

Jim and Jimbow?? Any reports of success with the mottled red honeybee? I will try it until the new
"spooky" becomes as famous as the "PPE"!! My real trial for the PPE was to run all four behind my
Starcraft? One flat line, one leadcore and two on riggers 30 ft and 15 feet? I only fish for salmon until mid July so I don't any experience chasing salmon in deep water.
Jimbow? Can you give me any idea how you give a new spoon a fair and inbiased test??
Dick
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

Dick:

It is a color combination that I personally did very well on, in Lake Ontario, on Brown Trout and Rainbows. I never offered it for sale, because I couldn't get uniformity in the finish. When I resolved that problem, I decided to add that to the mottled green, as well as the mottled orange-brown and mottled pink-purple. All of which were really hot for me and my fishing partner.

But I honestly don't know about Champlain yet because last year was the first year of introduction and I included a number of them as free samples. If you hold them under a UV Light you will appreciate them even more. This is one reason why sharing is so important to me. If anglers start getting results on them I will keep them as part of TAMIRON's offerings
jimbow

Post by jimbow »

dickbaker wrote:Jim and Jimbow?? Any reports of success with the mottled red honeybee? I will try it until the new
"spooky" becomes as famous as the "PPE"!! My real trial for the PPE was to run all four behind my
Starcraft? One flat line, one leadcore and two on riggers 30 ft and 15 feet? I only fish for salmon until mid July so I don't any experience chasing salmon in deep water.
Jimbow? Can you give me any idea how you give a new spoon a fair and inbiased test??
Dick
Dick, there are many variables that are taken into consideration when I test a spoon. I use many of the techniques you do PLUS use them as sliders. Many times I test them while I'm alone so I am limited to 2 rods on Champlain, so it is neither LEGAL or practical for me to run more than 2 at a time in those cases. I will test a lure up to 90 feet later in the year since there are people who like to catch Lakers and SALMON in the deeper water as it heats up. For Spring testing you are right on the money as far as depth. I also follow Jim M. recommended ways to attach a lure to your line. Too many people do not run Honey Bee's correctly (IE: Snap Swivel) and blame the lure for not catching fish. I have attached a link to a forum based thread on the subject that Jim M. authored.

(http://www.lakechamplainunited.com/foru ... 711#p11571)

And despite what some people think, you can run Honey bees, under certain conditions, with other lures if they are attached properly and/or a simple change of a hook in some cases (see link above) along with the proper speed for the type of "Bee" used. I encourage anyone who runs honey bees or is thinking of running them to check this thread out and save it to their "favorites". I do fish with a few close friends on their boats. They have their own "programs" that they follow which is fine, but I ask if I can run some of mine later, ESPECIALLY if "their" program isn't doing the trick. This is a true test since they (honey bees) are competing directly with other types, styles and brands of lures that they have used on the same day, conditions and water. If MINE work better, that is a good indicator of how good they really are. Also you have to consider water clarity, light conditions, etc. You can't run certain colors under ALL conditions and expect stellar results, so following general rules of thumb with color selection that is how I choose which new color to run. However, sometimes I will run a color that would not normally produce and been pleasantly surprised by the results I actually obtain. I believe Jim M. answered your question about his recommended replacement for the "Spooky Golden Salmon", I hope this has been helpful.
dickbaker

Post by dickbaker »

tamiron wrote:
jimbow wrote:Hi , just bored so I painted a Spooky Golden Salmon Honey Bee. Sorry about the pix quality, tried to get too close. Jim M. I hope you like it.

Imagepicture share

I do! And that's what it'll be called
provide them and I will buy half a dozen run them four at a time as I do with the PPE!
Dick