Having a Vt and Ny License?

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Ahhspray
Species: Whatever the lake will provide

Re: Having a Vt and Ny License?

Post by Ahhspray »

Thanks Jimbow. Good advice and that's a good idea to check with the marina. I'll do that. I finally found what I had read before. Not exactly as I remembered it but here it is cut and pasted from the 2017 VT Fishing Guide:

Transportation of fish or game is only permitted in the presence of the person who took that fish or game. A person shall not transport fish or game:
-- Taken by someone else unless the person who took the fish or game accompanies it;
-- During closed season for that fish or game;
-- If it exceeds the number or limit of fish or game that may legally be taken in a day.
However, a person traveling on land between a temporary abode, such as a hunting camp, and his or her home may transport in one day the number of fish or game that may legally be taken in two days.
While on the waters of the state, a person may not transport more than one day’s limit of fish unless the fish is frozen, processed and packaged for storage.

The last portion, "While on the waters of the state... ...packaged for storage." leaves it a bit unclear whether this is an unlimited amount, or the above on land reference to "two days". Two days worth of limit is more than enough for me and my son to harvest if we need to, or even luck into that many fish. This clears it up enough for me, though others might still have questions.
Totally rebuilt - 1986 22' Starcraft 220V CC T-top w/ 1986 Evinrude 140hp and 1978 Merc 7.5hp kicker
Dirtyhooker
Species: all

Re: Having a Vt and Ny License?

Post by Dirtyhooker »

Block ice in a cooler in truck I do it for rotary and 4-5 day trips for Kings on Lake Ontario in august
So many Lures So little Time