tackle and techniques

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
hard knox
Species: salmon

tackle and techniques

Post by hard knox »

I ck the forums quit often here and on lake o and have noticed there is a lot less tackle and tech tips to be found on the champlain forum witch can be greatly help full to all members .I was wondering if more sub categories were created with in the forum if more people would be likely to share info here.I will start by saying when i fish lake champlain i fish with vertical flashers on my rigger cable in blue/chrome with good success and have not really run inline flashers much .On lake o i run green/water melon/pink vertical flasher then run flashers and spin doctors with good success .Can any body share there thought on in line flashers and spin doctors on champlain i would like to put them to use but there is always a learning curve and confidence issue overcome .THANKS
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Re: tackle and techniques

Post by fishingmachine »

inline flashers and spin doctor type attracters work on LC.but generally in smaller sizes
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

If you use the search box on the forum (5.5 years old) and enter inline flash you will find lots of tips or for any other topic just by utilizing that search box!

They do have times they work. I have gone more stealth 100 ft back with no flash over the last few years. Especially with delivery systems like Lite Bite Slide Divers and Offshore OR-12 boards with the Tattle Flag accessory and segmented lead core up to 10 colors fishing the quiet water east and west of my riggers.

You will find everyone has a preferred way of fishing and they all work. Small blades / Large blades / No blades. No right or wrong answers.

I like the challenge of trying different stuff to keep it interesting. There is a lot of variables to adjust in a spread. Please check out my You Tube Channel (subscribe to it) for instructional videos under a search for Ronald Winter. I have made a few over the last 5 years as some include: Raymarine and Simrad autopilots, Mercury Troll Control, Fish Hawk X4 + X4D, Fish Hawk TD, Lite Bite Slide Divers, Offshore boards, Tadpoles, Yakima Mag Lip series crank baits + Fish Flash, LED remote spotlight, tips for shade in your cabin + side curtain longevity, and Starcraft 196 Fishmaster overview. I also recommend attending our LCU Winter Workshop next year during the Winter.

Here is a podcast (click on the box at the bottom of this link to play) I recently participated in the March 2017 show for Offshore tackle hosted by Mike Avery's Outdoor Magazine (length 20 minutes) describing the stealth approach we use here on Champlain for Landlocks:

http://offshoretacklepodcast.com/podcas ... -march.mp3

Here is one way to get to my You Tube channel that was shown at our last workshop a few days ago:

Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Hey Ron. i'm interested in precasting some of the crank baits by Yakima. Where can i do this?
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

If you asking where you can get Yakima Mag Lip crank baits?

Franks Great Outdoors is where I purchased my 2.5's:

https://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/cat ... /?q=yakima
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Ron:

Great video, thanks for sharing!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
hard knox

Post by hard knox »

thanks ron i will ck out your you tub videos
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

What time of year do you want tips on? Everything changes so often. Vertical Blades and flashers have been known to work in and around a big mud line in the early spring. I have not had any luck with inline attractors in the early spring lately.
Todd
hard knox

Post by hard knox »

Was not looking for specific time off year or specific tip was more suggesting a separate subject line within the forum tackle and techniques section instead of posting in fishing report subject line.