Fighting it

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Fighting it

Post by homewrecker »

Well I showed up at the launch and the lot was all plowed out...except the last twenty feet at the ramp. So I got out my coal shovel and picked a fight after three rounds the launch went down hard and I was in. Found a howling NW wind but went across any way found fish but no takers. After three rounds I gave in to the wind and put in to shore. So the launch is open sort of.
IMG_2178.JPG
IMG_2178.JPG
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Re: Fighting it

Post by Greenhorn »

Homewrecker, thanks for opening up the ramp! It looks like it was a ton of work. I hoped to make the trip up there tomorrow, but my boat is not back from the guy making me side curtains. Bummer :evil: Was there any ice in the bay?
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

You are my hero. If I weren't in Florida I would be right beside you buddy! Great report!!!!!

See ya on the lake on 3/31
Matt B
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

The DOT in Westport plowed the snow right into the launch, it will be a while before anyone can use that.
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

jimbow wrote:The DOT in Westport plowed the snow right into the launch, it will be a while before anyone can use that.
I HATE when they do that! That lot is big enough to push it away from the ramps, they ought to come down and clean it out. I got burned by the plow drivers in Cooperstown as well - 6 feet of frozen snow from the top of the ramp down into the water.
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

jimbow wrote:The DOT in Westport plowed the snow right into the launch, it will be a while before anyone can use that.
hows port henry?
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

Greenhorn wrote:Homewrecker, thanks for opening up the ramp! It looks like it was a ton of work. I hoped to make the trip up there tomorrow, but my boat is not back from the guy making me side curtains. Bummer :evil: Was there any ice in the bay?
How much do local shops charge to make custom side curtains? Its something I need.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Looks like a lot of hard work!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

they did that every snow storm. unreal.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

fishingmachine wrote:
hows port henry?
froze over
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

Keith,

The marina referred me to a custom canvas guy because they couldn't find production curtains for my 2009 Alumacraft. He told me the curtains would cost $100 to $150 per side curtain. I hope to get it back within the next few days. I will give you an update once I get it back.
rondog
Species: all

Post by rondog »

keithm87 wrote:
Greenhorn wrote:Homewrecker, thanks for opening up the ramp! It looks like it was a ton of work. I hoped to make the trip up there tomorrow, but my boat is not back from the guy making me side curtains. Bummer :evil: Was there any ice in the bay?
How much do local shops charge to make custom side curtains? Its something I need.
There is a shop in Amsterdam NY. who does a great job,he did the entire top ,side curtains, back enclosure and storage boot on my 2016 18' Alumacraft for $1.500.00.I compared it with Alumacraft factory package (almost $3,00.00 )and there is no comparison,I had the top installed at the Alumacraft dealer and had him take it off,the top was full of creases and just a poor fit.The fabrication shop fit is absolute perfect and the material is of better quality.It took him 5 days to complete the job