BILL H-40

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Re: BILL H-40

Post by BottomDollar »

Great informed discussion here guys. I read the bill and misinterpreted "water sources" to mean "water bodies." And I understand wanting to keep petroleum out of drinking water supplies. A modern four stroke leaves practically no trace but the spill potential is there.

Bottom line is that this is not a universal ban on outboards as has been pointed out, but the issues raised by comparing these legislative bans in other states are absolutely worth bringing up due to mission creep in those examples.

Sorry for the misinformed alarm in my earlier posts.
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

What about other decent sized but smaller lakes like St Catherine and Bomoseen (sp)? Are outboards and other motors already banned on these waters and if not, are these lakes part of the water supply system and subject to the ban?
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

From the sounds of it this proposal would have only impacted lakes that supply municipalities. It would have been very limited in impact. But the sponsor of the bill replied to someone on another forum that this proposal was no longer under consideration. Sounds like it had been scrapped shortly after proposal in favor of a different proposal.
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

My purpose in starting this post was to inform people of this threat to our sport.Just because someone says this bill won't pass doesn't mean it won't come up again.They might be more clever next time.