Sunday march 12

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Reel Deal
Species: All

Sunday march 12

Post by Reel Deal »

Just wanted to see if anyone may be fishing this Sunday out of converse it'll be my maiden voyage this year.
May your releases, release and your lines be tight
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Sunday march 12

Post by Reelax »

Looks kinda bumpy be careful!
Matt B
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

As much as I would like to get out again, I will wait until next weekend. It is going to be windy and cold. I can dress for the cold, but I can't do anything about the wind. 15 mph winds is about my limit. Its a good weekend to get some things done around the house so when the weather turns, I can get back out on the lake without feeling too guilty :D . Good luck out there and be safe to fish another day.
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

No fish is worth the kinda of weather facing us this weekend. Especially from the North direction down there at Converse. The extreme windchills facing a person working the rods associated with this dangerous cold weather and the spray freezing to the windshield when on plane is a bad combination. There are always a few that will try it....but some have that experience and know what to expect. Good to stay in today and watch the Cats at 11:00 am on ESPN2 go for the conference championship and a bid for the Big Dance.

For this date the record high for today will be shattered for the lowest high somewhere around 9 degrees.

Unusual for March 11th and the winds to go with that low air temp. reading...Polar Vortex?

Recreational Forecast
National Weather Service Burlington VT
335 AM EST Sat Mar 11 2017

.The Lake Champlain Forecast...

.TODAY...Northwest winds 15 to 25 knots. Waves 1 to 3 feet.
.TONIGHT...Northwest winds 10 to 20 knots. Waves 1 to 3 feet.
.SUNDAY...Northwest winds 10 to 20 knots. Waves 1 to 2 feet.

Reel Deal
Species: All

Post by Reel Deal »

Yeah looking at what I'm seeing now weather changed for the worst it was only 7 to 10mph the other day when I looked will have to see good luck to u guys when u do get out
May your releases, release and your lines be tight
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

We have our seminar next Saturday from 2-6 pm. in Burlington. Always a fun time!

Once again, the LCU Workshop Committee has lined up another All-Star group of speakers for the upcoming March event.

Louis Porter, Commissioner, VTFG

Bill Ardren, Senior Fish Scientist, USFW
Andrew Harbicht, Grad Student, Concordia University
Native Salmon Restoration & Salmon Genetics Study Results
https://usfwsnortheast.wordpress.com/20 ... kup-truck/

Mark Malchoff, Lake Champlain Sea Grant & LCRI, SUNY Plattsburgh
Eric Leibensperger, Ph.D. Assist Professor Environmental Science, SUNY Plattsburgh

Title: Temperature profile dynamics in Lake Champlain: Can climate research data be of use to anglers?

Description: Near real-time Lake Champlain temperature profile data became available to general audiences in 2016. The instrumented buoy captures temperature at depth constantly and shows shifts in thermocline depth, typically as function of wind forcing events. The presentation will review some basic physical limnology, and discuss how temperature patterns fluctuate according to daily, weekly and seasonal weather patterns.

Ron Winter
Offshore Tackle Presentation (Tadpole Delivery System) Yakima Bait (Mag Lip & Fish Flash Attractor)

Brian Chipman, Fisheries Biologist, VTFG will be present to answer any questions

SAT MARCH 18 2-6 pm Robert Miller Community & Recreation Ctr. 130 Gosse Ct, Burlington