frosty Friday aboard Reelax.

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

frosty Friday aboard Reelax.

Post by Reelax »

hit converse at 630 with Fishdawg and Bottomdollar jumping aboard for a cold start..

We motored to New York and fished till 8am with no action. At that point it was time to pull out the secret weapon. :twisted:

I no sooner got the 1st bite in my mouth and a inline planet with a stick running shallow fires...

Now Bottomdollar towed me in one day this summer, and I owed him a trip to try to thank him... I wanted this fish to be good...

Good it was... With my heartland Kokanee rod doubled in 2 Andy fought this girl hard!!! She spent a while at the back of the boat and we got to marvel at her colors in the sun...wow.. Back and forth, the rod creaking under the stress...

After a few more minutes we got her to the net...

Yes! A personal best, 24" master angler 6.5lb beauty!!!!

Congrats Andy!

Imageshe hammered a mini stick..

Happy crew..

Our sister vessel out today...

Medium and small Church inline boards provide all the action..

Great day with a few big roller and lots of frosty spray.. But it was a blast seeking Andy pull in that fish!

Thanks guys...
Matt B
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Re: frosty Friday aboard Reelax.

Post by C-Hawk »

Way to go Andy, must have been frosty out there Matt. Nice
hard knox
Species: salmon

Post by hard knox »

YOU GUYS ARE NUTS BUT NICE FISH !
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Magnificent fish! Well done guys!
tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Post by tmcaul »

Beautiful fish.

My wife and I saw you just off the south end of Thompson's point. You looked like you were cutting it pretty tight to the point. We were on the little pier at the southern tip of the point, not boating, just out for a walk.
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

tmcaul wrote:Beautiful fish.

My wife and I saw you just off the south end of Thompson's point. You looked like you were cutting it pretty tight to the point. We were on the little pier at the southern tip of the point, not boating, just out for a walk.
Saw the 2 of you on the point, we tried to pull a brownie off the rocks, but it didn't pan out... Nice to see ya out there.. That's a great spot to cast from...
Matt B
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

love your post and awesome pic
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

CHILLY it was... but you brave men did it... Great fish Andy
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

way to go true frostbiters for sure. that is one heck of a salmon. congratulations to andy and all of the frostbiters that challenged the conditions.
Last edited by fishy1 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Controlled chaos
Species: what's biting

Post by Controlled chaos »

Nice salmon! Wish I was there!!
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Great Show & Nicely Done!

I was at work and Ron sent the photo .....very envious..... :mrgreen: But, I did sell a Hotub.

Matt, did you HEAT the Peanut butter so it got all drippy warm and aromatic before you put it on the cracker?? :D
Fish On!
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

Thanks guys! Credit to Matt for the boat, the spread, putting us on that fish, the photos, and motivating us to get out on a frigid but beautiful day. You couldn't ask for a better frostbite guide. I'm psyched for spring fishing now!
Wdrnr
Species: Salmon Lakers, warm if needed

Post by Wdrnr »

Matt, looking at your stick plugs....ever strip the trebles off and run with single hooks ? Easier to release fish. Seems to work well w/ lakers and after watching the wolf videos and the way the fish follow up from behind most of the time, cleaner hookups/ releases might occur. I don't use sticks much so this might be a discussion thread....
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

Wdrnr wrote:Matt, looking at your stick plugs....ever strip the trebles off and run with single hooks ? Easier to release fish. Seems to work well w/ lakers and after watching the wolf videos and the way the fish follow up from behind most of the time, cleaner hookups/ releases might occur. I don't use sticks much so this might be a discussion thread....

Dave, we boated every hookup we had yesterday, so the trebles worked pretty good. I may try your suggestion when the stock hooks get bent... No problems getting them out of fish, but they can be a pain in the net....

Fish on!
Matt B
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Wdrnr wrote:Matt, looking at your stick plugs....ever strip the trebles off and run with single hooks ? Easier to release fish. Seems to work well w/ lakers and after watching the wolf videos and the way the fish follow up from behind most of the time, cleaner hookups/ releases might occur. I don't use sticks much so this might be a discussion thread....
I fished a Draw Your Partner Derby with Fishstalker, and we had a 40 fish day and a 35 fish day, and did not kill a fish except for the ones we kept, using small stick baits with trebles. Many of the fish fell off in the boat. Some of the trebles caught in the rubber net and pulled free of the fish. For some reason the small trebles come out very easily. Combine with cool temps, I don't think they are much of a lethal problem.