Who's fishin Friday??

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Who's fishin Friday??

Post by Reelax »

Looks like conditions tomorrow morning will be the only good opportunity we have to troll in the next few days. Looks like it will be warm, calm and a little rainy... (perfect fishing weather)
ImageImage

I am planning to launch out of converse at 1st light with a full crew..

Wondering if there are any other boats planning to be out... Safety in numbers!

68 on VHF

Fish on!
Matt B
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Re: Who's fishin Friday??

Post by Registered Kayak »

So tempting Matt. Hmmm if you see me you'll see me. Have to go put away my ice gear prematurely and grease up the throttle :)
Controlled chaos
Species: what's biting

Post by Controlled chaos »

I will be making the trek north at 3am, also putting in at converse about 6am black and blue Starcraft on 68
Black Ghost (Ken)
Species: Salmon et al

Post by Black Ghost (Ken) »

Tempting but Fridays are my busy days at work.
Good luck out there.
Black Ghost (Ken)
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

I'm also tempted Matt. However, I am a weekend warrior and work consumes my weekdays. I thought Saturday was going to be a good day? Is it going to be too windy on Saturday? I was thinking of heading up for a shake down trip. I haven't been in the boat since September! Good Luck out there. I will be looking forward to your report!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

20 mph winds predicted for saturday and a flood watch with rain.
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

Oh boy. Thanks for the info fishy1. Down here, the weather is supposed to be in the high 50's with a 10-15 MPH wind with the rain coming in around 7 PM. I have a self imposed limit of 15 MPH wind. Anything predicted above that and I don't make the trip to the Burlington area. I am still charging up the battery and putting all the gear in the boat. I am adding side curtains to my boat top this year. You guys with side curtains look way more comfortable than me in bad weather, not to mention the awesome food you prepare! Life is good on the water.
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Beautiful fish Reelax! :D I can't wait to hit the water, just like Matt, I just put the ice fishing stuff away yesterday and I'm already going into withdrawl :shock: I no sooner put the ice stuff away and now I digging out the open water stuff. It's time for new line, sorting through tackle boxes, you know the drill. ;) I have a new hive of "bees" I can't wait to try out... 8-) Hope to see everyone on the open water soon, tight lines & heavy nets everyone but be SAFE first.
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Traci and i went for a ride up around the islands yesterday there was ice and some out fishing. One guy had his car out there. (Crazy) there was open water in the bigger parts of the IS and the wind was blowing non stop . We stoped at the camp in Grand isle to check on the boat and charge the batteries.

Greenhorn you will love your side curtains not only will you stay dryer you can put up sun screens as well when the sun is hot. Fishy how is it looking down around the Bridge ?
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

[quote="Sawyer"]Traci and i went for a ride up around the islands yesterday there was ice and some out fishing. One guy had his car out there. (Crazy) there was open water in the bigger parts of the IS and the wind was blowing non stop . We stoped at the camp in Grand isle to check on the boat and charge the batteries.

Greenhorn you will love your side curtains not only will you stay dryer you can put up sun screens as well when the sun is hot. Fishy how is it looking down around the Bridge ?[/quote
all open water north of the bridge and just below past the pier. weak black ice below and bullwagga bay is only half froze with black weakened ice down to deep bay. streams are up . time get the boats out the salmon, browns, and lakers are waiting.
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Maybe we will see an open water fishing report from around the bridge this weekend. also where is Deep Bay? i know of a Deep Bay up by Treadwell Bay above Cumberland Head.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Sawyer wrote:Maybe we will see an open water fishing report from around the bridge this weekend. also where is Deep Bay? i know of a Deep Bay up by Treadwell Bay above Cumberland Head.
deep bay is down on the lower end of bullwagga bay just before the ist camp. this was named by some locals years ago i guess thats where they used to catch the walleyes . they use to troll that circling up to the mouth of the brook . its on one of my favorite spots still today as i do pretty well with the salmon there . you need a boat to get there unless you have permission from a owner that owns a camp. if you read my salmon shore fishing last spring i mention deep bay often. no walleyes anymore though bummer
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

We went 11 for 12 all before noon... Report to come soon
Matt B
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

OK. Replay from last week... Who is going out tomorrow...? Will be cold, but we got a
window for wind before 1-2pm... Different crew lined up this week.... Hope to see ya all
out there.

CH68
Matt B
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

OK 3rd week in a row...... Looks like another window of fishing, this time Friday morning will be
20deg and almost calm 3-8mph winds from west... WEST never see west... May be special...

Here another look at Andy's nice one from LAST FRIDAY

Who will be out? I have another, different crew lined up, and possibly a special weapon...

Ch68
Matt B