Under water video in HD

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Gray Ghost
Species: salmon

Under water video in HD

Post by Gray Ghost »

New video best viewed in full screen with the mouse on the stop button. The fly exhibits the eye (black) and a yellow halo (fly body).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIQHOyCGviA&t=4s
Gus
Tight Lines
jusgrinnin
Species: warm&cold

Re: Under water video in HD

Post by jusgrinnin »

Great vid Gus, you run that clean or with flashers?
Barry
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

great video.
Gray Ghost

Post by Gray Ghost »

jusgrinnin wrote:Great vid Gus, you run that clean or with flashers?
Barry
With flashers
Gus
Tight Lines
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

ARGH..... always hoping to see the bite
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Gray Ghost

Post by Gray Ghost »

Gus
Tight Lines
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Thank you Gus! It's half time at the Salmon Seminar right now! It would be wonderful to have you come to one of these seminars and tell us more about the Water Wolf!
Gray Ghost

Post by Gray Ghost »

Digitroll (Ron) wrote:Thank you Gus! It's half time at the Salmon Seminar right now! It would be wonderful to have you come to one of these seminars and tell us more about the Water Wolf!
Ron,
Sorry, I can’t make the Salmon Seminars, presently I’m regulated to fishing in my home territory and supporting my wife on a daily basis. I’ve haven’t fished Champ in the last 3 yrs., been doing it since the mid-80s with many fond memories. I’ll put together some of my experience using the Water Wolf and making videos.
Maybe, Raz will create a forum or sub-forum for a place to share videos and related materials can be deposited as it looks like will be a popular subject.
Gus
Gus
Tight Lines
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Understand Gus. We all appreciate you posting your videos here! Maybe we can get Registered Kayak to review it for us at the seminar next month or next year.

Thanks again!
Gray Ghost

Post by Gray Ghost »

Water Wolf Setup
Use the 6 gram brass weight to place the lure in the middle of the screen for trolling speeds of 2 mph. Use a 2 foot leader of 12 lb. mono that has coastlock snap swivel at one end at the camera and duo clip on the other end.

Water Wolf Timestamp
The most important thing in making videos is to have the ability of synchronizing the video to a fishing log and You Tube.

Four (4) hours plus (until the battery goes dead) of uninterrupted recording creates 13 video records (REC00001 to REC00013) and generates16G bytes of video data.
A record = 1.3G bytes per 20 minutes segment, ever record has a time stamp that runs from 0 to 20 min and also a Date Timestamp with date and time set by the operator. The Date Timestamp follows the video thru production, i.e., You Tube video is viewed in the lower left of the video. The exception, is when those videos portions are edited with a video crop function.

How to add and remove timestamp from Water Wolf web site.

http://www.waterwolfhd.com/en/faq-support-en

“Q: How do I add and remove timestamp?
A:
1. Download this file. http://www.waterwolfhd.com/images/time.txt.zip
2. Unzip it.
3. Open the unzipped .txt file and change the year, date and time accordingly.
4. Save the "time.txt" file.
5. Connect the camera to your computer, with the usb cable, copy the txt. file to the sdcard. Safely eject.
(I insert SD card in the computer and copy the txt file to the SD card.)

When the camera is turned on, the timestamp is activated.

Please note: If the camera is left unused for extended periods, the battery may completely drain. When this happens the system will restore back to factory defaults.”

Example of a Time Stamp file; time.txt (2016.09.21 00:00:00 Y) change date and set time to 0, for elapse time. When dumping video to computer use the date as the file name without the periods. As 20160921. Now we have everything synchronize and tied to the date of video generation.

Mobile Location Tracker app, Android, provides records of your track with time stamps at 5 minute intervals. With the combination of a Fishing Log, Mobile Location Tracker app and Water Wolf Timestamp it is possible to determine the location of the videos.

A video log with the following information is useful: Video Date, REC#, Time, Filmora File, Music, You Tube Name, You Tube URL and Published Date.

Using MPC-HC video viewer to create a log of the videos.
https://mpc-hc.org/

Using Filmora Video Editing software for fine grain analysis and video creation. Filmora allows viewing videos frame by frame.
https://filmora.wondershare.com/video-editor/
Gus
Tight Lines
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Great info and videos Gray Ghost...I want one of those water wolf's. Do you have a video or diagram of how to set up Camera/line with weight position etc. so it tracks proper? I'd really like to see that. I asked Mark (Registered Kayak) but he must be busy since I received no reply yet.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Gray Ghost ... OUTSTANDING!

On behalf of all forum members, let me say thank you for taking the time to share such detailed, valuable information.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

thanks for this info since i now have a water wolf and hoping to use it soon. hope the weather breaks soon its getting old