Fishing Thompson's, new video

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Re: Fishing Thompson's, new video

Post by Registered Kayak »

EagleCrag wrote:Matt, do you think the double hits could be fish slapping the bait with their tail and then turning and biting? I've had those double hits at times laker fishing and that's what I've thought it was. That's common behavior with ocean fish, don't know why it would be different in fresh water.
The double hits that I've recorded have been fish biting the side of the spoon instead of the back end.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Registered Kayak wrote:
EagleCrag wrote:Matt, do you think the double hits could be fish slapping the bait with their tail and then turning and biting? I've had those double hits at times laker fishing and that's what I've thought it was. That's common behavior with ocean fish, don't know why it would be different in fresh water.
The double hits that I've recorded have been fish biting the side of the spoon instead of the back end.
i guess that explains it lou. its really a good feeling to get the double hits but like i said hardly ever hook them. how about you? thanks mark.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

I have never heard of the tail slapping in Fresh Water, but Lake trout have been filmed going through a bait ball attempting to slash and stun their prey and then go back and pick up the wounded. Holdren authored a book on Trout in the Finger Lakes of NY documenting this fact "Handbook Fabulous Finger Lakes Trout [Earl Holdren]". It is now a collector's item
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

With all the video of short hits , failed swipes at the lure and talk of double hits, I wonder if adding a stinger hook on the main hook, or a hook added to the split ring on a very short wire or leader, would help. I have used jigging spoons that have an extra hook attached at the front of the lure. I don't think either way would affect lure action that much.
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Post by Registered Kayak »

I am about to upload my best video coming up. Gonna have some good strikes, a frenzy, camera attack, and a trophy salmon in the upper 20s easily. All on a high pressure system.
Finally got my hands on scent. Might just be the final piece to my array that will result in more bites.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Registered Kayak wrote:I am about to upload my best video coming up. Gonna have some good strikes, a frenzy, camera attack, and a trophy salmon in the upper 20s easily. All on a high pressure system.
Finally got my hands on scent. Might just be the final piece to my array that will result in more bites.
i cant wait mark. what a way to bring in the new year on the forum with another hands on video from the water wolf. :)
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Bring on that new video it sounds like a good show.