fishing update trout pond my ist kokanee/brown ever

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: fishing update trout ponds 2016

Post by fishy1 »

C-Hawk wrote:Nice fishing Matt. We all can't wait for your next series of events; river or casting for lakers, but I'm wondering about the catfish. They always used to be voracious this time of year down here on the Connecticut River. Do you ever catch them in the fall ?Have you forgotten about Brute ? Some bass guys I know used to have verbal conflicts with duck hunters this time of year , maybe the case below the bridge? Whatever your next adventure is we all wish you the best of luck.
jeff i havent forgotton brute and never will whatever it was deserved to be freed. dont know if i told you but im grounded over below the bridge fishing for catfish. cant get my jon boat out past the jungle weeds to fish. broke an oar last time out coming in fighting the wind with the boat on top of the weeds. cant fish catfish near shore because your bait cant penetrate the jungle weeds with the low water. never seen anything like it. took a trip up to gander mtn today and bought some flys and streamers for some salmon and brown river fishing. hope to get into some big lakers soon to but the water temperature has to drop.
brute will top my list next spring to target. thought about it many times i am thinking its a huge carp with scales that big.
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

So you have a long drive to get to the lake. we are up by the wilder Dam on the CT River.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Sawyer wrote:So you have a long drive to get to the lake. we are up by the wilder Dam on the CT River.
i can see lake champlain from where im sitting right now when the leaves are off the tree. i can walk to bullwagga bay in ten minutes or less. never fished the connecticut river where you live and jeff fishes but he has told me there is some good fishing there.
fishy1

Re: fishing update trout ponds updated 4/17/2017

Post by fishy1 »

4/17/2017 ice out in a few ponds so wayne and i hit one this morning. started fishing at 8;30 am with a stiff north wind and light rain. ist 15 minutes wayne misses a fish cast back out and bam fish one lands a nice brookie. had us excited early then about an hour my rod was bouncing wildly and peeling line of my reel very fast got over to it and it stopped as my line was tangled around the stick i had the rod on. fish dropped it pulled it in and it got my dillie. then nothing again until about 11:30 am and i had a another run and stop and nothing reeled it it in and no dillie again. left at 12;30 pm with no more hits.
wayne went back this afternoon to the same spot and i got a call from him around 5 pm very excited. wayne landed a big male brown pushing around 8 lbs. he said he couldnt get it all the way in so he jumped in the pond on his hands and knees and tackled it . :lol: way to go wayne you made my day. where was the net???????????? i know in the car and i wasnt there. :lol: i just saw the pic on facebook and its a beauty wayne. i will be taking pics in the morning and posting it here on the forum. got to get you to smile.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

We want to see a pic of Wayne jumping in the pond on hands and knees tackling that fish :lol: :lol: Great job Wayne on catching a big brown.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Gecha (Gerry) wrote:We want to see a pic of Wayne jumping in the pond on hands and knees tackling that fish :lol: :lol: Great job Wayne on catching a big brown.
i wish i had been there with him i would have took pics but then again would have grabbed his net out of the trunk. :lol:
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

here is the pic of waynes wild male brown he crashed in the water for on his hands and knees. 8 lbs 25 inches.

Imagefree photo hostingcertificity.com
Sawyer
Species: All

Re: fishing update trout ponds updated 4/17/2017 waynes wild 8 lb brown posted 4/18/2017

Post by Sawyer »

"Wow" he is a big old boy. How old do you think he is?
fishy1

Re: fishing update trout ponds updated 4/17/2017 waynes wild 8 lb brown posted 4/18/2017

Post by fishy1 »

Sawyer wrote:"Wow" he is a big old boy. How old do you think he is?
im not a bioligist but i would guess 6 years old maybe.
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Great Fish Wayne!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

What a Hugh square tail.. 25" is big for a brownie. Congrats Wayne..
Matt B
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

That beast looks like a junkyard dog, must have been a great fight, Nice!
Ahhspray
Species: Whatever the lake will provide

Post by Ahhspray »

Wow! Beautiful fish Wayne. Love the kype. The upper jaw looks like you bopped him on the nose too.
Totally rebuilt - 1986 22' Starcraft 220V CC T-top w/ 1986 Evinrude 140hp and 1978 Merc 7.5hp kicker
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Great fish Wayne... I even detect a little smile too... be proud
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Nice fish!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen