fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore added pics of spawning salmon right at my feet 11/26

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: fishing for salmon and browns updated 2/28/2017

Post by fishy1 »

troutcrazy wrote:Skunked again, and not for lack of trying. Anyone hook up today?
were you up north didnt see you here at home? i landed 2 in my favorite spot. watched for you all morning. honey bee fishy1. :)
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

4/15/2017 hit the lake at 7:15 am in my favorite spot. 4th cast with a blue mackeral krocodile fish on i land a nice probably 20 inch salmon released it to bite again . a good fight and busted water 3 times. that would be it though for the morning went home at 10 am with only 1 more hit. 30 degrees and no wind until approx 9 am. warmed up fast though was confortable. :)
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

4/16/2017 easter morning hit the lake at 7:30 am for an hour or so of shore fishing. started out with a blue mackeral krocodile. surprised when i got down to my target area someone was there and it happened to be a freind and a forum member who is home on vacation. he already landed a salmon and had what he thought another one on when i arrived only to be a big bass. he had to leave to fish a river so i walked down farthur and started casting. no hits at all saw 2 salmon bust water. put on a trout pattern casting honeybee with some pink on it. at 8:20 am had a sharp hit and a miss. next cast a hit and fish on only to be a hog bass. next cast another hit and fish on i land a nice 16 or 17 inch silver beautiful fish. released it and changed lures to a casting honey bee trout pattern blue to see what would happen. the 4th cast with the blue trout bee a rod stopper and fish on only to land another hog bass. next 5 minutes or so another rod stopper and another hog bass. time to go home now and watch my grandchildren find the easter eggs scattered on my lot. a beautiful day on easter 2017 80 degrees. going to post a pic of one of the 3 hog bass i landed because i took the pic on my canon camera and not phone. a few freinds on my phone want to see a pic of the hog bass.
Imagescreen capture windows 7certificity.com
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

nice bucket mouth
Matt B
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Fishy, that's a beaut! First bass I've heard on the Casting Bees!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

tamiron wrote:Fishy, that's a beaut! First bass I've heard on the Casting Bees!
jim i landed many last year also on bees.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

fishy1 wrote:
tamiron wrote:Fishy, that's a beaut! First bass I've heard on the Casting Bees!
jim i landed many last year also on bees.
Great!!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
fishy1

Re: fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore

Post by fishy1 »

4/19/2017 went up north today fishing a stream with wayne but just got a call from a freind. he said he landed 2 salmon and lost 1 in 2 hours of casting on shore but the wind got the best of him. he was casting with a rainbow krocodile in 6 fow. :D
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

4/22/2017 hit the lake this afternoon at 4 pm for some shore casting. spent the morning on harrys boat trolling . 4 th cast with a bee casting fishy1 and had a hit like a freight train 20 feet from shore and it started busting water and i got a good look at it and it was a beast of a brown. wow what a fight and my drag just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing . played it for awhile since when they hit that close there wild to say the least. about a minute later or so i tried to get my net out a little farthur and it saw the net and he went wild to say the least and tore the hook out of his mouth. ugh! my guess was it was at least 7 lbs very deep brown. started casting again and it wasnt long fish on only to land a good size bass. then soon after another bass. then i saw a nice fish busting water out beyond where i could reach with the bee so i took it off and added my krocodile blue mackeral 3/8 ounce. 2nd cast with it a long ways out smack my pole stopped dead and bouncing wildly and fish on and it was busting water after awhile i land it a nice 18 plus inch brown. kept it for dinner. started casting again and had a sharp hit and fish on and off ugh! about 5 minutes later my retreive was half in and bang fish on again i land a nice salmon about 20 inches or so released it. from 4 pm to 5:30 pm i had 13 hits landing 2 browns 1 salmon and 4 bass lost the big brown and a salmon. from 5:30 pm to 6:15 pm only one more hit. :)Imageprint screencertificity.com
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Alot better results from shore than the boat today! Gonna need my rest to keep up with you on next week's fishing trip!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

4/23/2017 hit the lake at 4:15 pm in the same spot as saturday afternoon. the wind picked up as i started casting and debris were starting to come in on me . 6 or 7th cast fish on i land bass. then with in 5 minutes another hit and another bass a smallmouth this time. then nothing for 15 minutes or so and i had real sharp hit and fish on i land a nice 18 or 19 inch salmon. i then took break as my nephews came down to let me know they went out trolling today and saw some bait balls and more fish then previously. they left and i had a sharp hit when my lure landed and a miss. now the debris were getting worse and i couldnt reel in wihtout hooking up so left for home. not a bad hour or so of casting though.
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

You have a shore hot spot Fishy. How are the browns table fair? Traci and i tried from shore on Friday afternoon up around the Islands with no luck. We tried of the dock at the apple island launch where 155 cormorants were feeding on Alewives. Nothing there either.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Sawyer wrote:You have a shore hot spot Fishy. How are the browns table fair? Traci and i tried from shore on Friday afternoon up around the Islands with no luck. We tried of the dock at the apple island launch where 155 cormorants were feeding on Alewives. Nothing there either.
don i dont know if its a hot spot or not but everywhere along the shore for about 6 miles produces. where im finding the fish most active are in the shallowest water though. its just amazin to see this and its been 3 years in a row. most fisherman would not even cast a rod where im fishing thinking its only bass there. you couldnt cast anything where i am its so weedy other than krocs and bees. forum members in there boats dont even see me on shore fishing because they would never think i was there and they look for me in the deeper water areas. i think once you get used to shore fishing up where you are you will connect. my 2 favorite spots is 2 to 8 fow and the birds are always there.
good luck. :)
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

I think theirs an advantage fishing from shore when the fish are in shallow water. When you retrieve you pulling the spoon up so it don't get snagged on the bottom. We tried to troll out plainer boards in close to the shore and ended up getting snagged.
EagleCrag
Species: Trout/Salmon

Post by EagleCrag »

I think the fish are much more skittish in shallow water as well and the boats are more likely to spook them.