fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore added pics of spawning salmon right at my feet 11/26

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore

Post by fishy1 »

C-Hawk wrote:Matt, for the numbers of fish you catch, you should be wearing cammo and hiding from those guys!
apparently i dont need camo neither one of them saw me and they went right by me. :lol:
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

4/29/2016 6pm evening run to deep bay with a freind and granddaughter. a north wind was blowing which has been normal all of april so i decided to put on a johnson splinter silver reflex and i beleive it turned out to be a mistake. had 4 salmon on lost all 4 and missed 3 all within 25 feet of shore. i just dont think those small treble hooks set good in a salmons small mouth. the lures with the bigger single hooks set in the salmons mouth and stay there. a freind was using a small little cleo this morning up on the pier hooked into 3 salmon and lost all three. he was very dissapointed. my freind and his granddaughter landed one bass. all winter in the rivers i used a single snelled hook and landed most of my salmon. i still had fun but was dissapointed not to land one or two for the little girl.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

JImbow, Nice to finally run into you also!
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

fishy1 wrote:
C-Hawk wrote:Matt, for the numbers of fish you catch, you should be wearing cammo and hiding from those guys!
apparently i dont need camo neither one of them saw me and they went right by me. :lol:
The next time I fish down your way, I will have my spotting scope out, and then set up right in front of you, maybe even next week.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

C-Hawk wrote:
fishy1 wrote:
The next time I fish down your way, I will have my spotting scope out, and then set up right in front of you, maybe even next week.
ill be looking for you . popster (bill) will be here also tuesday wednesday and thursday.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

i am beginning to think with all those fish eating birds out there its driving the forage fish into the rocks to hide and thats why im getting them close to shore along with lots of bass. anyone else have any thoughts on this? im taking today off but will be back somewhere sunday.
Hairbone

Post by Hairbone »

There are big bait balls in the chanel and at the bridge. The water temp is within 2 degrees from the back of the bay out to the green can and bridge yesterday. I bet that persistent north wind has pushed some up against the shore.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

the salmon i have filleted had what looked like little fall fish in them. nothing else. its been north wind for 2 weeks.. i was glad to see the water clear up also.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

5/1/2016 went down to deep bay around 6:15 am this morning to try and catch some salmon or browns. i had a very interesting morning as the ist hour i landed a pickeral a sickly walleye a good size smallmouth bass and 6 largemouth bass and no salmon or browns. then around 7:30 am had a sharp hit with a nice salmon busting water and throwing my lure. then a casted a few times more and went home since my granddaughter just got up and was staying with us for the day.
here is my ist fish pickeral

20mb image hosting

a nice smallmouth bass
post imagesImage
photo hosting

a sickley walleye.

the other side of the walleye.

image upload free
Targa V18
Species: lake trout/Salmon

Post by Targa V18 »

Wow nice morning's catch. That walleye looks terrible. Good to see one though.
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Hey Matt, did you get any on "the secret" lure?
Hairbone

Post by Hairbone »

Targa V18 wrote:Wow nice morning's catch. That walleye looks terrible. Good to see one though.
X2
blackfly
Species: all

Post by blackfly »

NICE CATCH MATT EXCEPT FOR THAT SICK LOOKING WALLEYE
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

had 2 freinds today tell me they saw these tumors on other fish. one was a salmon in a stream and the other was a bass swimming on top of the water. all fish were about 3 miles apart.
streamer
Species: Any and All

Post by streamer »

I saw a bass with similar looking growth last week in Plattsburgh. Swimming near the surface by one of the docks.