fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore added pics of spawning salmon right at my feet 11/26

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore jimmers big pike 5/3/2016

Post by fishy1 »

5/4/2016 went down to big bay this morning casting for an hour since it started to rain. landed 2 small salmon and 3 bass. i was using the honey bee secret weapon.
Targa V18
Species: lake trout/Salmon

Post by Targa V18 »

jimbow wrote:Heck of a Pike Jimmer....good job!
Thanks jimbow along with the others! It was a great fishing trip for sure. Looking forward to getting out in the boat on Sat. and maybe borrowing some more of fishy1's lures to see what else we can land lol.
Reel fun
Species: Lake trout,salmon

Post by Reel fun »

Good fish, and even better story, Jimmer was excited when he told me all about it matty. Can't wait to fish along side you two again. See you soon.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

5/6/2016 went down to the pier this morning for some casting for salmon. 3 foot white caps out of the north. not much hitting but still fished for 2 hours with 5 hits. landed 2 stocked browns and missed one small salmon. the lake was just stocked with the yearly brown trout quota.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Reel fun wrote:Good fish, and even better story, Jimmer was excited when he told me all about it matty. Can't wait to fish along side you two again. See you soon.
fried up some pike fillets tonight for the boss and i. yum yum. im bringing the donuts in the morning. i hope the wind rests for us tommorrow.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

5/8/2016 tried out a new place today from shore a little farthur north where i normally fish. jimmer and i talked about it out in the boat. it was a longer walk than thought but was a good spot to cast from and the water dropped right off to 26 feet with a rocky shore. got their in about 45 minutes from where i parked and set one line on bottom with certified bait and started casting with the other. had a good hit the ist ten minutes or so but no taker. then i had a run on the bait on bottom but he dropped it after running around 25 yards off the reel. then the rain came and did it rain. so i pulled in my rods and started back to the car. was very wet when i got back to the car. when i got to the car i notice a reddish vehicle parked in front of me and i looked across the road and their was vt matt checking out a stream before heading for another stream. we talked for while and he told me where he was going and that i would try to join him when i got fresh dry clothes on. that didnt happen because i ended up going out with my wife and daughter for dinner for mothers day. got a couple of texts from matt as he needed a ride back to his vehicle since he fished a stream way up hill to another road. i was 50 miles away when he texted me. matt sure is a die hard and a great sportsman. i am waiting to hear what his catch was.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

2/28/2017 a little early but hit the lake today for some casting for salmon and browns. tried 3 spots along with a freind. its still frostbite time but no ice here and almost 50 degrees. started out with a honeybee and the 3rd spot tried a krocodile. my freind tried a little cleo and a krocodile. no hits but saw 2 good size salmon bust water and several lakers bust water a long ways out since we had calm conditions while we were there. im hoping with the warmer water the salmon will be an early bite this year since ice is out. looking forward to spring fishing this year and hoping the water levels come up . good to be on the lake close to home again. :)
Sawyer
Species: All

Re: fishing for salmon and browns updated 2/28/2017

Post by Sawyer »

Thanks for the update fishy.
riverrunner
Species: Salmonids

Post by riverrunner »

Sandbar is open almost out to cedar. Launch is still locked up, but it might not be long till that's gone
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Post by Registered Kayak »

I cAnt wait for the sea to open up again. Favorite place to fish on this lake.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

3/1/2017 8 am headed over to the bridge area for lakers and salmon. set one rod out with a shiner and a bobber and was casting a honey bee with my 2nd rod. some lakers were busting water 15 feet from me and chasing smelt but then dissapeared. 5 or 6 minutes later some alewifes surfaced and floated away. left at 9:30 am with no hits.
3:30 pm headed out to another spot for salmon and browns . had the same set up as morning . nothing hitting until about 4:15 pm when my bobber started dancing and moving very fast closed the bail and fish on i land my ist salmon here at home in 2017. wasnt very big 15 or 16 inches but still a salmon on march ist, 2017. a great feeling and i was a very happy fisherman. a great fight to as it busted water 3 times bobber and all. i had the shiner 3 feet below the bobber in 14 fow. :D
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Sweet
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Congrats for your first salmon of 2017....
You are way ahead of many of us.
Wishing many many more.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Honest John
Species: All interested parties

Post by Honest John »

Great going! I'll be out with the fly rod once we get some more fair weather.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

fishy1 wrote:3/1/2017 5 or 6 minutes later some alewifes surfaced and floated away. left at 9:30 am with no hits.
Fishy1:

How big were those alewives that floated to the surface?
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen