frostbite shore fishing for lakers updated 10/31/2017

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: frostbite shore fishing for lakers updated 10/29/2016

Post by fishy1 »

Salmon-crazy wrote:went to the Lake yesterday afternoon for about an hour..... with the ole' Krocadile... no fish rising, no follows, no strikes.. maybe this week!
eric thanks for the update. ill be heading up your way soon i hope. im getting cabin fever. :lol: going down to fmb bait and get you a honeybee. i think the fishy1 is sold out though but johns going to reorder. see you on the big pond.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

12/21/2016 hit the lake this morning only to be greeted with a gusty south west wind with at least 3 foot whitecaps and building. the whole shore was iced up at least 6 foot back or more. 25 degrees and cold put hot hands inside my gloves put my hood on and started casting at 7:10 am. eric soon joined me before work and a freind that lives close to me came along after 8 a m. 4th or 5th cast i had a bump but no taker. eric went to work soon after so i went so i went to the car to unthaw my rod and wait for preston. he showed a little after 8 am and was soon after he got a bump but with the wind the way it was it was hard for the laker and us to hook into the lakers. a little after 9 am i had a good hit and a miss. wasnt soon after i went around the bend to check on preston and he had just landed a laker. preston said if he hadnt had his long net he couldnt have landed it with a smile. wasnt soon after the wind was increasing so i decided to go pheasant hunting and preston said he would leave shortly after. the wind was brutal and cold on the body even though preston is young wasnt soon he was putting on a ski doo suit. :) considering the elements 4 hits and we landed 1 i think was a great success. i have been fishing frostbite fishing in bitter conditions before but for some reason today seemed the worse . most of the morning i was thinking of registered kayak (mark) out in his boat trolling in these elements with snow falling. :shock:
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

12/23/2016 hit the lake this morning for awhile for some laker fishing brought along my nephews son cole. 3rd or 4th cast cole had a hit and a miss. cole said it felt good since its been awhile since he had a rod in his hands. fished until around 9 am and left for some last minute christmas shopping. the only hit we had but it was okay. wayne and eric showed up a little later and they didnt have much luck either. i saw one big laker surface out in front of me but wouldnt hit anything cole and casted out there. it surfaced twice with its back right out of the water. will take a couple of days off now for christmas . merry christmas to all.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Do you think you can make it until Monday, Matt without withdrawl symptoms? Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.
Salmon-crazy
Species: Salmon, trout, bass, pike

Post by Salmon-crazy »

went out to the usual spot on the Lake yesterday with no takers. Fished a little this morning and had a monster follow the lure in but got spooked when it saw me. Dang! Must have been at least 30" ! next time !!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

eric thanks for the update. you could be seeing me thursday if the snow isnt bad but probably friday will be more practical.
Salmon-crazy

Post by Salmon-crazy »

There's nothing like a proper start to the New Year with a 27" Laker on a Krocadile. this morning in the usual spot on the lake with the rainbow trout pattern. got em on lightweight tackle - just plain fun!!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Salmon-crazy wrote:There's nothing like a proper start to the New Year with a 27" Laker on a Krocadile. this morning in the usual spot on the lake with the rainbow trout pattern. got em on lightweight tackle - just plain fun!!
good job eric. no pic for the forum? hope to be getting up there since the holidays are over soon. happy new year and a good start. :D
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

wayne hit the lake yesterday and no results. the lake was smooth and sunny so they were probably spooky.
Salmon-crazy

Post by Salmon-crazy »

here I thought they weren't around but I should know better - x2 nice lakers this morning in the 20-22" range. Fat, happy and healthy fish. got them both on a Kroc with the blue scale pattern worn off. so essentially a silver Kroc. single hook. I missed a couple of strikes and had some bumps. No sooner did they start hitting - then they stopped. who would have ever thought we'd be fishing from shore on the 21st of January!!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

eric thanks for the update. you had a great day on the water. been trying to get up there for some casting but have had other committments. might see you this week. :)
Salmon-crazy

Post by Salmon-crazy »

another nice laker on a silver Kroc yesterday. couple of taps and threw it back and picked up this 24" er. real fat and healthy. glad to see these healthy fish! catch and release...
Z.G
Species: Anything that bites

Post by Z.G »

Good to hear they're still there! Went out for a bit yesterday with no success, new spot that wasn't particularly good for fly fishing.
Salmon-crazy

Post by Salmon-crazy »

forgot the pic................
Attachments
photo.JPG
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

thanks eric that is a nice healthy fat laker. im impressed. :D