Port Henry

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Hugues
Species: Cold water fishes and Walleyes

Re: Port Henry

Post by Hugues »

Thanks fishy1. Sorry Hairbone if my message seems rude but I have the utmost respect for this game, travelling everywhere to put the boat on the fish and always do my homework before leaving. This is a 4 hours drive from home to get to that spot and it's all worth it!
Attachments
map.jpg
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Hugues wrote:Thanks fishy1. Sorry Hairbone if my message seems rude but I have the utmost respect for this game, travelling everywhere to put the boat on the fish and always do my homework before leaving. This is a 4 hours drive from home to get to that spot and it's all worth it!
just remember you have to abide by both vermont and ny fish and game laws. the 3 rods each is on the ny side and 2 rods each on the vermont side. the laws are very confusing and so is where your boat is located on the water . a delicate situation for sure. the bite is still on and take a look at the other port henry post and take a look at the silver just posted.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

No offense taken. Just want you guys from the north not to have issues when enjoying Champlain. Watch out on I-87 as I see a lot of Quebec plates pulled over lately
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Yes indeed Fishy1! That's why I use my GPS to make sure we are on the good side of the line and remove rods when necessary... I'll have a look at the pictures. Love them!

Thanks Hairbone! Will do.

Hugues
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

my brown i caught tonight.
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Nice catch! Love those Brown!

Hugues
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Nice silver! 22"?
Phantom (griz)
Species: all

Post by Phantom (griz) »

Very nice fish..Looks like the first big silver post of the year.
Off season
Species: Salmon/Lakers

Post by Off season »

The 2 or 3 rod thing, Is confusing to me! I have been told that Lake Champlain is considered International Waters and Because I am a NY Resident , I am allowed 3 rods anywhere on the Lake. They supposedly did away with the imaginary line, Unless you enter the Tributaries. This is why you can fish either side with only one or the other Fishing License, and don't need to purchase an Out of State license.
DOES ANYONE NO 100%, OF How this works? Or is it just by Opinions!
"OFF SEASON"
riverrunner
Species: Salmonids

Post by riverrunner »

Call the VT State Police dispatch. They can put you in touch with a warden that is on duty to explain questions that you may have. Instead of relying on what other people tell you, which could be costly. . . Call a warden.
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Off season wrote:The 2 or 3 rod thing, Is confusing to me! I have been told that Lake Champlain is considered International Waters and Because I am a NY Resident , I am allowed 3 rods anywhere on the Lake. They supposedly did away with the imaginary line, Unless you enter the Tributaries. This is why you can fish either side with only one or the other Fishing License, and don't need to purchase an Out of State license.
DOES ANYONE NO 100%, OF How this works? Or is it just by Opinions!

Off season - Because you are a NY resident, here is the NY link regarding reciprocity: http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/6411.html
As it makes clear, while your license is good on most areas of the lake, the laws and regulations of each state still otherwise govern each state's own waters. As the VT reciprocity page (http://www.vtfishandwildlife.com/fish_reciprocal.cfm) clearly states: "When fishing in Vermont, anglers must observe Vermont laws. When fishing in New York, anglers must follow the laws that apply in New York. Be sure to obtain copies of state's fishing regulations if you are going to fish Lake Champlain."
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Reelax wrote:Nice silver! 22"?
22 inches 4 lbs not far from where you were.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Very nice salmon... You definitely have the casting spring program down! Thanks for the look...