4/26 PM Run

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Tire Jockey
Species: All

4/26 PM Run

Post by Tire Jockey »

Launched at the Long Point access around 4:30 with a buddy of mine, it's been about three weeks since my last outing, the shop has been crazy busy! Motored over to Town Farm Bay, had to give it a try, marked one good fish just a little west of Gardeners island just before we headed into the bay, that was it! no fish no hits, trolled the area for a good hour or so, pin minnows on the boards long line and a #20 jet diver. Picked up and went over to Kingsland bay, trolled south to the mansion no hits no marks! Went into deeper water off the mansion 130 ft or so, started marking a lot of bait down towards the bottom and also some fish. We were just getting ready to pick up and call it a night and the port side board goes off! nice fighting fish, at this point we had the lead core out and he got all tangled up in it, got him a little closer to the boat, nice looking chromer on the line! but the tangled line was too much and off he went! Oh well thats the way it goes sometimes! Great night on the water. See ya all at the DYP!

tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Re: 4/26 PM Run

Post by tmcaul »

My son and I are going to give it a try out of Converse after he gets home from work tonight. We'll also hit Town Farm Bay where we seemed to mark loads of fish on Sunday. Might the leaves in the water be causing many of the marks we saw? We don't know because we're newbies when it comes to salmon fishing and reading his recorder, which is a fairly expensive Humminbird unit.
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Thanks for the report...things are slow everywhere.
Smitty
Species: Salmon & Lake Trout

Post by Smitty »

Thanks for the report we were out of the inland sea same for us not a hit all day
marked a few fish but no takers no bait fish marked I'll be waiting for the water to warm
before I venture up again still a little early surface water was running any where from
41 degree to 44
Tire Jockey
Species: All

Post by Tire Jockey »

I was finding temps in the mid forty's up to 52 in some spots
Ahhspray
Species: Whatever the lake will provide

Post by Ahhspray »

Sounds as though temps are all over the place. Someone else in another thread showed temps in upper 30's in some spots too.
Totally rebuilt - 1986 22' Starcraft 220V CC T-top w/ 1986 Evinrude 140hp and 1978 Merc 7.5hp kicker
Smitty
Species: Salmon & Lake Trout

Post by Smitty »

To cold yet give the water some time to warm up then they will turn on waist of time and energy
for me to travel 2 hr. to catch the lone ranger who feels like biting. I don't think anyone was having
any luck where we were talk to a few anglers at the launch when we were leaving they had nothing
we need a week of good warm weather.