Port Henry - 10/24

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 10/24

Post by ChessieMan »

Went out of Port Henry today, launched the Money Pit at 7AM . Scratched the "itch", got bit and broke a rod tip - but made it back at noon.

I'd done a fair amount of engine work and wanted/needed a test ride before I did anything exceptionally stupid in the middle of Dec., so I guess mission accomplished.

Wind was a bit nasty from the NW, especially going up the VT side - much nicer coming down from Dudley on the west side. Two little shakers, 12" & 14". Lots of fish on the screen below 110',
but I couldn't get down to them - only had 6# balls (yeah I know, it's tough to walk with them) and the fish wouldn't come up. The two I caught barely popped the rigger, if it means anything, one on Sunrise Speedi, other on silver/blue Speedi - had a WonderBread Bee off a dipsy coming down west side, but it went untouched.

Then when I was putting rods back in truck, noticed one of my 9'ers with a busted tip, it's an 8 ft 9-3/4"er now.

I'll be back at it by the weekend, if the weather co-operates. Planning on fishing Frost Bite, need to find fish.
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Port Henry - 10/24

Post by fishy1 »

good see you back . thanks for the report . been seeing some nice fish swirl here in port henry thinking they were lakers especially the ones under the bridge. you think there is any chance of that? how did you do for the stripers on the hudson?
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Glad to hear your back at it! Thanks for the report....
Matt B
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Thanks for the report. Is the ramp at Port Henry OK for water depth?
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Post by ChessieMan »

Launching was no problem, plenty of water
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Thanks Chessie Man
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

fishy1 wrote:good see you back . thanks for the report . been seeing some nice fish swirl here in port henry thinking they were lakers
That is "Brute" mocking you fishy. :D
EagleCrag
Species: Trout/Salmon

Post by EagleCrag »

Anyone know what the inshore (shallow) water temp is? Waiting for those lakers to come to shore.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

EagleCrag wrote:Anyone know what the inshore (shallow) water temp is? Waiting for those lakers to come to shore.
53 to 56 surface temperature over the weekend. has to be cooler now . wayne and i plan on hitting the lakers friday.
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Do you fish the lakers this time of year like we do in the spring?
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Sawyer wrote:Do you fish the lakers this time of year like we do in the spring?
we spin cast on shore for them when they come shallow to spawn and for whatever reason they seem to fight more in the fall. defintley fun and a challenge since its frostbite time. the trollers get into them as well in the shallows and some days they will be busting water all morning. its really fun to watch.
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Sounds like fun Traci and I will be at camp in Grand isle this weekend and will try to get on the main lake for some Cold but HOT action.