Mallets bay shelter

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Mallets bay shelter

Post by Registered Kayak »

Decided to hit up mallets bay instead of trying other traditional fishing spots because of that northerly wind. I have been going out and tried jigging for whitefish but wasn't going to happen yesterday. I tried last week but only brought home 12inch perch from 50-80ft down. Not complaining, really entertaining stuff for a toddler to look at in a live well. Even brought up a rockfish 80ft down??
So in mallets I started off trying to troll for pike in the shallows, only to be overcome by the floating weeds that pretty much covered the bay for me. So, tried trolling deep, yielded smallmouths and perch. Tried various lures but my custom tied fly/rattle and a challenger minnow caused a lot of follows down around 50ft or so. Only saw 1 salmon follow the minnow, but he didn't bite, sucks because he had a pretty large lamprey on its back. Saw a school of smallies do the same. I might post the video on here later, still figuring out my camera system.
Thursday looks like a mighty fine jigging day.
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Mallets bay shelter

Post by fishy1 »

good luck mark with the whitefish hunt. hope to see a big one soon in a pic on your post.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Hope you can post the video!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Joe Mott
Species: all

Post by Joe Mott »

id love to see the video, what camera you using?