Any predictions for the fall fishing?

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Sawyer
Species: All

Any predictions for the fall fishing?

Post by Sawyer »

We are new to the Salmon and Lake Trout. We had good spring and Sumer with the help from you on this forum. Thank you all. So whit should we expect from now till freeze up?
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Any predictions for the fall fishing?

Post by fishy1 »

great laker fishing and river fishing for salmon if you do that also. the lakers will be going shallow and the salmon will be heading to the rivers to spawn.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

It will be interesting to see if the bite holds out by Stave and Providence. I am going to have to give it a try in November. Also, I think you Inland Sea guys are going to have a great fall. Don't expect much of a change until the middle or end of October, but even though the bite has slowed, it is still well worth the effort. I haven't even had to fish Lakers very much as the salmon are still active. The usual fall spots will probably still be good, Converse, Willsboro Point, Westport, and the Vermont shore from Diamond Island south.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Fishing will start picking up in Oct and only get better all winter. pray for no ice and we will fish right thru till March... Just like last year. The laker bite in the shallows is how I prefer to fish them, they fight much better. A 10lb laker taking a spoon with 20ft of line out is a riot in 10foot of water... Zzzzzzzzzzz
Matt B
Joe Mott
Species: all

Post by Joe Mott »

man i hope its good up here around isle lamotte is were i fish mostly, i live at the base of the alburg/rouses point bridge and cant get to even mid lake without a heck of a trip, but i will be out there.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Reelax wrote:Fishing will start picking up in Oct and only get better all winter. pray for no ice and we will fish right thru till March... Just like last year. The laker bite in the shallows is how I prefer to fish them, they fight much better. A 10lb laker taking a spoon with 20ft of line out is a riot in 10foot of water... Zzzzzzzzzzz
matt if everything goes to my plan ill be right there with you for them shallow lakers only this year hopefully in a boat not from shore.