LOWRANCE

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
Fish Hound
Species: everything

LOWRANCE

Post by Fish Hound »

Hello Everyone,
Thanks for having me at the Workshops this year. It was great to meet you guys and I had a blast. I would also like to thank Dean for all of his hard work putting these together for all of us to enjoy and learn more about our great fishery and the newest products out on the market. I'm not sure where this thread should be located but I'm sure a mod will put it in it's forever location.

Please use this thread not only as a place to keep up on whats going on in the Lowrance,Simrad and B&G world but as a place to get help and answers to any questions or problems that you might be having. I encourage you to first try customer service because I won't be able to answer every question that comes up in a timely manor, I get very busy at times and travel quite frequently. however if you are still having problems please do not hesitate to email me at jamesvladyka@yahoo.com and I will do my best to help.

Below I have put together some links that might help you get the answers you may be inquiring about.

Lowrance Customer Service by phone:
1-800-628-4487. Technicians and representatives are available to help you Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. CST, except holidays.

Lowrance Customer Service by email:
http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Contact-Us/

Lowrance Product Manuals:
http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Support/Documents/

Software Updates:
http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Software-Updates/

Latest News:
http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/News/

Video Library:
http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Support/Documents/

Knowledge Base:
http://support.lowrance.com/system/self ... COUNTRY=us

Thanks Again!!!

James Vladyka
Fish Hounds Outdoors
jamesvladyka@yahoo.com
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: LOWRANCE

Post by Reelax »

Thanks James!!! Very informative talk the other night...
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Great support James!

Ron from Vermont Home and Marine (Certified Lowrance installation center) We provide hands on training after installation before the boat leaves the yard on your new Lowrance unit.

Hope to see you next year at the workshops!
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Post by homewrecker »

Thanks James, this is cool and I am sure will be very helpful.
Fish Hound
Species: everything

Post by Fish Hound »

Great Deals at Bass Pro if you are thinking about upgrading this year. Check this out!!!!!

Lucky7 Promotion

Today is the start of our Lucky7s promotion, http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/specialoffers/Lucky-7s/. This promotion goes on until June 15th and includes a $200 Mail In Rebate on the HDS-7 GEN2 Touch family and a $100 Mail In Rebate on the Elite-7 HDI family. This is on top of the recent price reduction of the HDS-7 GEN2 Touch Family, outlined below.

HDS-7 GEN Touch Price Reduction

This is another change that started today. This is the new MAP (Minimum Advertised Pricing) pricing on the HDS-7 GEN2 Touch moving forward. Every SKU in the family has been reduced by $300.

Between the $300 price drop and the $200 MIR on HDS-7 GEN2 Touch family, this is a $500 promotion!

Example:

· HDS-7 Gen2 Touch Insight 83/200

o Original Price: $1,499

o New Price: $1,199

o Price after $200 MIR: $999

· HDS-7 Gen2 Touch Insight 83/200 With StructureScan HD transducer

o Original Price: $1,699

o New Price: $1,399

o Price after $200 MIR: $1,199

Rebate on HDS GEN2 Keypad Bundles

We still have the $300 MIR promotion going on for the HDS GEN2 Keypad LSS-2 Bundles. This promotion goes on until April 21st. This covers both Bundle SKUs and build-your-own Bundles.

Hope this saves some of you a little $$$$$$
Dirtyhooker
Species: all

Post by Dirtyhooker »

Ok guys looking at updating my almost 10yr old LCX 113 chd . As I research this purchase I am starting to get alittle confused between packages and features .Not sure what I need and don't need 95% of my fishing is Lake Champlain or Lake Ontario salmon and brown trout fishing trolling with planer boards and/or downrigger I do during July spend a half dozen trips to a local reservoir for walleyes
I am getting confused with structurescan 3D vs total scan as well as the difference between the new carbons vs gen 3. I will add that I also plan on adding the sport pilot driver so would like to know that what I am purchasing will work with the autopilot . At this point I am looking at a boat in a box package with Hds 9 and a hds 7 gen3 looking for thoughts and inputs before I take the plunge
So many Lures So little Time
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Scott, I upgraded Surprise with a HDS9 Gen2 Touch, Raymarine EV-100 Autopilot, and Teleflex Baystar Hydraulic steering, Navionics Platinum + Marine charts with 1 ft detail for the Lowrance software.

The Gen 2 HDS9 had a upgrade to Version 6.0 in August that allows dock to dock Auto Routing. You set the safe parameters that you want and it puts in all the waypoint turns .

We are still getting to know each other but I cannot ever wish to own a boat without these features.

I got the Gen2 on closeout from Cabellas for $1000, the Raymarine EV-100 from Hodges marine in Florida for $1100 with a $300 rebate from Raymarine and the Hydraulic for $549 also from Hodges.

I also hooked a sensor to my Evinrude E-Tec 90 that gives me the data from the motor computer on the Gen 2 HDS data screen.

I needed to buy a Lowrance starter cable set and then a jumper wire to interface Lowrance to RayMarine and then 2- 3/8 Tees and 1- 3/8 male adapter from Teleflex to hook the Autopilot pump to the helm.

hooked it up myself .....almost but not exactly painless. Some Tuition payments involved....

I'm working 388-7727 if you want to chat or look at my setup.

Randy
Fish On!
Dirtyhooker

Post by Dirtyhooker »

Thanks for reply Randy in Jan I switched my cable steering over to sea star hydraulic only able to use it one day in late Jan on Lake George and was pleased with its response just want to make sure I order correct package and Lowrance sent me an email the other day offering rebates up to 300$ .
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

At GPS Store you can get a HDS Gen-3 7" for $1199 and a Lowrance autopilot for $949. The Lowrance AP is in fact a Simrad
Dirtyhooker

Post by Dirtyhooker »

Thanks Andrea I ended up purchasing a HDS9 gen3 with structure scan3d along with outboard Pilot from. BOE Marine for just under 3500 tested out on Sunday out of converse could not be happier there if definatly a learning curve though
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

BOE are excellent! Witch AP did you get?
Dirtyhooker

Post by Dirtyhooker »

Lowrance hydraulic outboard kit did the install myself had a few bugs air in hydraulics but feel I have that resolved find out Friday morning on Mexico bay That structurescan 3D is very interesting BOE Marines salesperson was excellent to deal with and very knowledgeable They were a great help on what was needed cable and parts to complete the install
ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Post by ThreeBuoys »

I purchased and installed the Lowrance autopilot last year and it ran flawless.
It is hooked up via my HDS7 Touch.
I had to purchase the Cable Kit for my Mercury/Teleflex helm for $300 on top of the $995 price tag for the AP.