General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
lazycs

Post by lazycs »

Ludo, can you increase the file size for avatars, its currently just a little to small for my files?
Ludo
Species: Salmon, salmon and trout

Re: avatars

Post by Ludo »

I increased the limit from 30kB to 75kB

If your file is too big, PM me I will give you my email and I will resize it and install it for you.

The limit is to avoid 15 images of 1MB each in a page, 15MB to load everytime, you will say that the forum is too slow ;)
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

Anyone! trying to understand the avatar where it says "upload from your machine" does that mean from the photos on your computer or do you need to go through Photoshop? Thanks, Ken.
KEN K.
Salmoneye
Species: Fish

Post by Salmoneye »

dreamcatcher wrote:Anyone! trying to understand the avatar where it says "upload from your machine" does that mean from the photos on your computer or do you need to go through Photoshop? Thanks, Ken.
You can durectly browse and upload from your machine...

Ever notice how close the U and the I are on the QWERTY keyboard?

:lol:
There was a young man from Nantucket...
Ludo

Post by Ludo »

dreamcatcher

Post by dreamcatcher »

Thanks guys i'll give it a shot!
KEN K.
dreamcatcher

Post by dreamcatcher »

Just gave it try will see. I'm definitely not good at this at all!!
KEN K.
dreamcatcher

Post by dreamcatcher »

I'll give this a try! If you have Microsoft Office Picture Manager? Open your file using Microsoft Office Picture Manager. If you want to save your original go to file and click "Save as" and rename it. Then go to "Edit pictures", now click on "Resize". On the right you'll see "Size setting summary", Original size @ New size. Now above these settings you'll see "Percentage of original width x height", you need to either bring your size up or down by changing the percentage while watching the "New size" setting numbers to 230 or close to 230. Now when you get the numbers where you want them put them in "Custom width x height" both boxes. Then click " OK". Now you should have your picture where it should be. Now follow up with what Ludo put up. "Profile @ Edit Avatar". Hopefully this will help! :)
KEN K.
Ludo

Post by Ludo »

http://www.picresize.com To resize your picture online.
JK47
Species: All Species

Post by JK47 »

Form some reason it won't let me upload or edit my avatar from my iPhone...

Weird!
Ludo

Post by Ludo »

Try the Forum Runner app for iPhone:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/forum-ru ... 27234?mt=8
easilyamused
Species: any and all

Post by easilyamused »

Thanks! Let me know if this works...
dreamcatcher wrote:I'll give this a try! If you have Microsoft Office Picture Manager? Open your file using Microsoft Office Picture Manager. If you want to save your original go to file and click "Save as" and rename it. Then go to "Edit pictures", now click on "Resize". On the right you'll see "Size setting summary", Original size @ New size. Now above these settings you'll see "Percentage of original width x height", you need to either bring your size up or down by changing the percentage while watching the "New size" setting numbers to 230 or close to 230. Now when you get the numbers where you want them put them in "Custom width x height" both boxes. Then click " OK". Now you should have your picture where it should be. Now follow up with what Ludo put up. "Profile @ Edit Avatar". Hopefully this will help! :)