Question about Lake George

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
farmdog
Species: bass

Question about Lake George

Post by farmdog »

Will be spending a week there the end of September. Fishing primarily for smallmouth bass , but want to try for some lake trout and salmon. Fished for Lake Trout a few ago in Canada at Charleston Lake using a drop shot rig with finese fish. What do you guys recommend for Lake George for early-fall. Bringing my trolling rods and downrigger (fish for stripers at our home lake in Virginia).

Thanks
Rodney
North Carolina
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Re: Question about Lake George

Post by Hairbone »

go to http://www.fish307.com and sign up for the forum there and the guys may give you some help.

My best luck for lakers has been the Sutton 44, blue jointed rapala and an orange mooselook spoon. Some guys vertical jig them,
slider
Species: trout

Re: Question about Lake George

Post by slider »

Lake George is about as beautiful Lake that you would want to see..But the time of year you'll be arriving there is not the prime time for Lake trout & Salmon..Hate to say it but Landlocked Salmon fishing there is really a waste of time, However lake trout abound there..Lures already mentioned work fine. I'd include a few speedy shinners and a couple of deep diver minnow baits like rapala tail dancers..Stop at the Outdoorsman Sport Shop between LG Village and Diamond Point for License and lures and up to date info..Fish 307 as mentioned good stop too..They located in Queensberry in a mall behind a great resturant call the Log Jam..I'd make that a place to dine for a great dinner and great salad bar..Best bet fishing I would advice to work the smallmouth waters..Will more than likely be a deep water bite..Not uncommon to have to go as deep as 40+ feet to get good action..But don't rule out largemouth bass, they have come on strong recent years and can be caught in usual LmB type waters.BTW Check at the sport shops on getting ur boating access stamps..Patrols will probably still be out there that time of year..Good luck