Happy Birthday Black Ghost

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Happy Birthday Black Ghost

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

happy Birthday Ken. Wishing you many tight lines.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Happy Birthday Black Ghost

Post by Reelax »

Happy birthday Ken!
Matt B
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Happy Birthday Ken! Truly happy that you are still with us and hope things continue to go well for you! (And yes, I still have boat envy!)
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

TUnamas wrote:Happy Birthday Ken! Truly happy that you are still with us and hope things continue to go well for you! (And yes, I still have boat envy!)

Boat envy... that cracks me up... serenity now is like 35ft, 2x the size of black ghost.... I guess size doesn’t matter....

Haha
Matt B
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

As I told the Coast Guard Auxiliary during my inspection last weekend, "We are first in and last out. Between launch and about June 15, she's purely a fishing vessel. Then we convert to summer mode, and add carpets and the BBQ, fill the water tank, and stock the galley. She still fishes, but it's comfortable. Come September 1, she reverts to a pure fishing machine and we strip her down again until the Shoot Out, and then she's pulled." Mid-November to about April 1, I'm compelled to bum rides with outboarders like you and Ken! Besides, Black Ghost gets pulled by a jeep! Saturday we followed Instigator and Crazy Ivan down the NY side in the wind. Action was OK, but nothing great. My wife had a graduation ceremony early afternoon at Basin Harbor so we borrowed some dock space. Headed North on the return into the wind and swell I was grateful to have a long waterline and a heavy hull. Smooth! Nothing like Serenity's hull to run to Willsboro in the late fall on a North wind, and she handles 1.8 + trolling speeds well. See you on the water.
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

TUnamas wrote:As I told the Coast Guard Auxiliary during my inspection last weekend, "We are first in and last out. Between launch and about June 15, she's purely a fishing vessel. Then we convert to summer mode, and add carpets and the BBQ, fill the water tank, and stock the galley. She still fishes, but it's comfortable. Come September 1, she reverts to a pure fishing machine and we strip her down again until the Shoot Out, and then she's pulled." Mid-November to about April 1, I'm compelled to bum rides with outboarders like you and Ken! Besides, Black Ghost gets pulled by a jeep! Saturday we followed Instigator and Crazy Ivan down the NY side in the wind. Action was OK, but nothing great. My wife had a graduation ceremony early afternoon at Basin Harbor so we borrowed some dock space. Headed North on the return into the wind and swell I was grateful to have a long waterline and a heavy hull. Smooth! Nothing like Serenity's hull to run to Willsboro in the late fall on a North wind, and she handles 1.8 + trolling speeds well. See you on the water.
Scott.. please pm me your number, and I’ll add you to the call List... I didn’t know you were open to hopping on during the winter months..... cool summary... I absolutely love your boat.. my boss has a 38’ ( I think) parks at marble island... them big boats are awesome! Thanks for the summary...
Matt B