Adding pictures

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Adding pictures

Post by C-Hawk »

I wish something could be done to make picture sharing easier on this forum. The picture hosting sites are difficult and shut down regularly. Matt is having trouble, I have trouble, and I see others too. I use a tablet or my phone, and am not that computer literate.
In the fishing reports section I can attach, I have finally figured an easy way to use my phone, (Android) by texting the pic before I post. Somehow the texting makes the pic the right size. This works instead of using an image sizing app. I am ok with this. My questions are, why can't we set things up so we can attach in any section? Why can't we just cut and paste right from our galleries instead of having to use 3 rd party hosting? Also I see Reelax attached his bear pic, is that because he used a laptop or because he has more access as the administrator? This is the only complaint I ever hear about on our forum, is there anything that can be done?
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Re: Adding pictures

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

Using a server with a larger capacity and being able to host pics is very costly; this why most of the fishing forums are submerge with pop-ups, ads etc... LCU is a clean site.
After the Photobucket saga I start using Imgur and it’ok and free. What I do to play safe is to keep my Imgur pics on a file on my pc so I got everything back-up in case something happen. You can also use the photo gallery from another site and just copy the link and use image tool in your posting with the full editor
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

I can't seem to make it work with my Android phone
Wdrnr
Species: Salmon Lakers, warm if needed

Post by Wdrnr »

Would be a great workshop show and learn item or some sort of you tube demo. I think we lose a lot of info and pics from members (me included) because it’s such a pain to post.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

I shrunk the bear pic by taking a screen shot and then attaching that pic to the forum. I'm gonna give imgur a try... Since photobucket died I haven't had a good way of posting pics either... hope imgur helps..
Matt B
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

I don't see a header for attaching in anything but fishing reports Matt
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

The thing with the imgur app is that they cater to the reddit/Instagram/text sharing crowd, and internet forums are kind of a dying breed, unfortunately. So there's no one click solution for posting here. But once you figure out the BBCode link thing on either their desktop or mobile site, it's pretty straightforward and reliable. I still have working imgur links from like 5 years ago on various forum sites.

Andre is right. Once you start selling ad space to fund a large image database on the server, you have no control over what those ads are for or how they'll behave. I'd much prefer a slightly convoluted image posting process to getting pop-up ads and giant banners.
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Well I did it, not sure how, but you need to click inage info to get code. Be nice to use when I get to camp and am on mobile data, no wifi. I won't have to send pics to tablet
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Two in a row
C-Hawk