Music in the boat while trolling

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
Ahhspray
Species: Whatever the lake will provide

Re: Music in the boat while trolling

Post by Ahhspray »

I've wondered about the frequencies in certain songs. I've seen underwater speaker systems for sale designed to produce the sounds of fleeing baitfish. I don't earn enough yet to make that gamble a reality.

I've never used my standalone bluetooth speaker, I think frequencies from that would transfer into the water less than speakers that are built into the boat and have stronger contact. Maybe that makes a difference?
That said, Grateful Dead of the older bluegrass style like Bear's Choice, has worked well for me. Gonna try ZZ's Sharp Dressed Man next time. ...Also maybe Ozzy's Crazy Train? It might match the feeling on the boat at times.
Totally rebuilt - 1986 22' Starcraft 220V CC T-top w/ 1986 Evinrude 140hp and 1978 Merc 7.5hp kicker
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

my grandfather from belgium wouldnt even let my mother talk when shore fishing. in a boat with motor going dont know really if music would scare fish . im with jeff rather listen to a ball game.
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

Just an FYI for you guys who like to listen to baseball games on the radio: pretty much all modern cell phones have an FM radio receiver built in, you just need to connect it to an external speaker through the headphone jack, and the 3.5 mm jack cable functions as the antenna. It works really well out on the lake and you can pick up any BOS or NYY game (or Pats/Giants later in the season).
danruss
Species: Pike, Salmon, Bass

Post by danruss »

Laurentide wrote:Just an FYI for you guys who like to listen to baseball games on the radio: pretty much all modern cell phones have an FM radio receiver built in, you just need to connect it to an external speaker through the headphone jack, and the 3.5 mm jack cable functions as the antenna. It works really well out on the lake and you can pick up any BOS or NYY game (or Pats/Giants later in the season).
Sweet - will have to check this out.
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

The only Music Traci and i like is hearing (As fishy would say) the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing of the drag on our reels