The Rod Glove

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
digitroll (ron)

The Rod Glove

Post by digitroll (ron) »

One of my fishing partners Dave McGinnis (Reel Lucky) showed me this wonderful product to protect rods from getting tangled and save the rod guides from getting bent or damaged. I was so impressed out on his boat this past week I ordered 8 of these Rod Gloves for myself for my rods in my boat. I might try to get some of these for next Winter's seminar.

https://www.therodglove.com/site/home
Last edited by digitroll (ron) on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: The Rod Glove

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

I have over a dozen of those rod protectors. Some are slim, others are bigger to handle the larger guides.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
bigfish
Species: salmon

Post by bigfish »

Been using them for a few years. They do work as intended. Cabelas sells a similar product.
mrwalleye

Post by mrwalleye »

They are great! I use them in my Bass Boat and Trolling Boat.
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

here's a neat trick with these rod gloves,I pick a guide that is not too large after I slip the glove over the rod and just push the mesh down over the guide and against the blank and it will stay on until you are ready remove it.
Vtmopar
Species: Everything

Post by Vtmopar »

Theyre great, i have little ones for my hardwater poles too.
High Plains Drifter
digitroll (ron)

Made an error. The Mega Stick Glove for casting rods was too long by 16" for my Kokanee Daiwa 8 1/2 ft rods. It's meant for Fly rods and the diameter is small for small guides and not for Dipsy rods.

If anyone has 10-12 ft fly rods or long rods with small guides I will give you mine. I have 8 they let me keep I ordered.

I re-orded the correct size for Spinning rods (large guides) for rods up to 8 ft.

Ron
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Digitroll (Ron) wrote:Made an error. The Mega Stick Glove for casting rods was too long by 16" for my Kokanee Daiwa 8 1/2 ft rods. It's meant for Fly rods and the diameter is small for small guides and not for Dipsy rods.

If anyone has 10-12 ft fly rods or long rods with small guides I will give you mine. I have 8 they let me keep I ordered.

I re-orded the correct size for Spinning rods (large guides) for rods up to 8 ft.

Ron

Can't you just cut them down to size Ron?
Matt B
digitroll (ron)

I was thinking of that Matt. I just tried it. I cut off 18" and the fit just above the first guide. I used some duct tape to stop the nylon from fraying. Works!
digitroll (ron)

Just received my 12 Rod Gloves (3 different colors) in the correct size X-long for spinning rods up to 8 ft.

2 are 8 1/2' Kokanee rods and 2 are 9' Dipsy rods both by Daiwa.

Tried Post Image for the first time. User friendly!

digitroll (ron)

I did get a great idea from the Rod Glove folks about if cutting the original ones down I ordered that were too long. They recommended using a hot knife to cut them from a soldering gun kit to melt the frayed ends and stop the fraying.
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

I've got a couple where the rod tip poked through the end,might try that hot knife trick on them.thanks
ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Post by ThreeBuoys »

Ordered some of these to try. Gotta be better than the tangled line scenerio.