Suspension seats

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
njg0621
Species: trout

Suspension seats

Post by njg0621 »

I have been looking into suspension seating for my boat. One of my seats is also shot and needs to be replaced. I saw this Attwood Centric SAS seat, here is the description:
"The Centric™ SAS Boat Seats use Centric's innovative Shock Absorbing System (SAS) that flexes 3" to prevent "bottoming out." The springs absorb energy and reduce shock, while the isolated suspension provides 3" of travel and does not allow the boater to bottom out against hard surfaces. Impact is absorbed by the suspension system – not the boater"

Has anyone ever used this seat? It is costly but if it truly does work I could kill two birds with one stone. Just wondering what your Opinions are.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/boating/ ... _104341680
" I fish therefore I lie"
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Suspension seats

Post by Reelax »

Nice seat, I can vouch for the shape. They look just like the ones in my 2015 American angler osprey and they are every comfortable and keep you in place well. I like the spring idea, I may replace one to try them...

Thanks for the post.
Matt B
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

I have the real suspension seats availae as an upgrade to west coast stylr aluminum boats and they are awesome. I bet the seat will be very thick an un-natural position based on your current seat
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Comfy seats by Starcraft are a great seat upgrade on the Fishmaster 196 or the Superfisherman 186 Fishing boats with a 100" beam: